https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/124469-how_to_lock_segments_in_trados_tageditor.html

How to lock segments in Trados TagEditor
Thread poster: Tanja Barbarić
Tanja Barbarić
Tanja Barbarić
Local time: 03:07
Croatian to English
Jan 7, 2009

I use SDL Trados 2006 Freelance. I have an Excel table with four columns of text, and only one column needs to be translated. Now, I am fairly new to Trados, I had several situations when agencies delivered me TagEditor files where segments that weren't supposed to be translated were locked, and TagEditor simply skipped them, and opened the next one that was supposed to be translated. Can anyone tell me how can I apply this settings to my Excel table? How can I "tell" the TagEditor to skip the s... See more
I use SDL Trados 2006 Freelance. I have an Excel table with four columns of text, and only one column needs to be translated. Now, I am fairly new to Trados, I had several situations when agencies delivered me TagEditor files where segments that weren't supposed to be translated were locked, and TagEditor simply skipped them, and opened the next one that was supposed to be translated. Can anyone tell me how can I apply this settings to my Excel table? How can I "tell" the TagEditor to skip the segments (i.e. three remaining columns).

Thanks
Collapse

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Hide them Jan 8, 2009

ChandraX wrote:

I use SDL Trados 2006 Freelance. I have an Excel table with four columns of text, and only one column needs to be translated. Now, I am fairly new to Trados, I had several situations when agencies delivered me TagEditor files where segments that weren't supposed to be translated were locked, and TagEditor simply skipped them, and opened the next one that was supposed to be translated. Can anyone tell me how can I apply this settings to my Excel table? How can I "tell" the TagEditor to skip the segments (i.e. three remaining columns).

Thanks

Hide the extra columns (the default setting for Excel filter is to skip the hidden cells, so if anything goes wrong, check the filter settings).

Tanja Barbarić
Tanja Barbarić
Croatian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 8, 2009

Thanks

I'll do that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to lock segments in Trados TagEditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »