Mobile menu

how can I transform Framemaker files in TTX (in trados)?
Thread poster: ladytraduk

Local time: 20:41
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 8, 2009

I have a Framemaker book . I have to translate it from English to Italian.
There's a previous Italian version. I've updated it in Framemaker. Now I need the ttx files. How can I update the TM memory and get the ttx files? and how should the ttx files look? is it possible to create them, even though the translation is already done?

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:41
English to Polish
Do you have "old" source? Jan 8, 2009

If you have "old" English FrameMaker files, you might try converting both "old" English and Italian to MIF, then to single-source TTX files and align them. You might get some leverage, but don't expect everything will align perfectly (I guess there were some formatting changes in the Italian files).

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how can I transform Framemaker files in TTX (in trados)?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs