apparent loss of 15% of my data exported following a 50052 error
Thread poster: Anthony Green

Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:54
Italian to English
Jan 8, 2009

Hello all - I use Workbench 7.5.0.756 and Word 2000 (9.0.2812) in XP SP3. I have just updated to SP3 though I presume (or hope) that is not relevant! I am wondering whether I might be having hard disk problems (God forbid!).

There are several posts on the "(50052): Inconsistent data. Please reorganise the database or run an export/import." error, but none seem to be pertinent to this. Forgive me if this has been dealt with already.

The other main point is that I would like to work out whether I have actually lost 6300 TUs or not. I exported to a new backup when I found the message "(50052): Inconsistent data. Please reorganise the database or run an export/import." (Reorganisation was apparently successful but the message reappeared immediately in Concordancer and also when using the TM with Word... though after I had exported, TWB seemed to regain its function. (:-? perplexed ironic smile)

On exporting, TWB tells me "Export finished successfully. 40827 of 47158 TUs exported" (and watching the increment as it exports, the percentage of TUs successfully exported seems to be lowest from around 30,000 onwards).

p.s. Luckily while writing this post I was able to set up an empty TM and import from a very recent backup (47136 TUs) which gave me 547 updated, 46436 added, 0 invalid. Erm, why do these numbers never add up to the total number of TUs???

(I am relieved: that is very unlike me to be so good about backing up!)

Direct link Reply with quote

maurijones
Local time: 09:54
English to Portuguese
apparent loss of 15% of my data exported following a 50052 error Jan 9, 2009

Perda aparente de 15% de meus dados seguido de um erro 50052

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs