https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/124690-cant_open_multiterm_termbase_from_word_2007.html

Can't open Multiterm termbase from Word 2007
Thread poster: Lucy Liang
Lucy Liang
Lucy Liang  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:10
Chinese to English
+ ...
Jan 10, 2009

Hi,

I have been working with Word 2007 and Trados 2007 for a while now.
Somehow all of a sudden, I could not open any termbase by running the 'Select Termbase' option from Word anymore. (Multiterm works fine on its own) I tried repair Word and Multiterm, but nothing changed.

Whenever I run the 'Select Termbase' option from Word, I get an error message (it simply says: Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconven
... See more
Hi,

I have been working with Word 2007 and Trados 2007 for a while now.
Somehow all of a sudden, I could not open any termbase by running the 'Select Termbase' option from Word anymore. (Multiterm works fine on its own) I tried repair Word and Multiterm, but nothing changed.

Whenever I run the 'Select Termbase' option from Word, I get an error message (it simply says: Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.). Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!
Collapse

Ulf Norlinger
Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:10
English to Swedish
+ ...
Incompatible entry for MS Word Jan 10, 2009

Maybe you have entered a character or something else in the Termbase which causes MS Word to go nuts (Have you checked the Language settings in Word, and all others that may be related to Chinese?).

Have you tried to make a new Termbase from scratch and check if the problem remains (test without Chinese characters at first. From that it is a step wise process)? If not, maybe you can revert to an earlier Termbase-file.

Perhaps you have corrupted something. If all fails,
... See more
Maybe you have entered a character or something else in the Termbase which causes MS Word to go nuts (Have you checked the Language settings in Word, and all others that may be related to Chinese?).

Have you tried to make a new Termbase from scratch and check if the problem remains (test without Chinese characters at first. From that it is a step wise process)? If not, maybe you can revert to an earlier Termbase-file.

Perhaps you have corrupted something. If all fails, there is nothing else to do than reinstall I am afraid.

[Redigerad 2009-01-10 08:11 GMT]

[Redigerad 2009-01-10 08:15 GMT]

[Redigerad 2009-01-10 08:16 GMT]
Collapse

Lucy Liang
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Ulf Jan 10, 2009

Hi Ulf,

I really appreciate your comments, but I'm afraid it has nothing to do with Chinese characters. The Multiterm runs fine on its own, it's just when I try to run it through Word, the problem emerges.

I simply can't run Multiterm in Word. Whenever I try to select a termbase, my Word shuts down. Perhaps you are right, I have (unknowningly) corrupted something. T_T looking forward to that reinstallation...

Lucy Liang
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
update Jan 10, 2009

Reinstalled Multiterm and problem gone:)

Ulf Norlinger
Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:10
English to Swedish
+ ...
Great! Jan 10, 2009

I am as happy for your sake, as you look on that picture on you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open Multiterm termbase from Word 2007

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »