Is it possible to convert a bilingual .doc into a .ttx?
Thread poster: Ius Translation

Ius Translation
United States
Local time: 23:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 10, 2009

Hi All,

I'm new to Trados freelance Suite 2007 and I've been given 2 similar bilingual .doc files to edit and I was wondering if it would be better to convert them into .ttx [if it is possible at all:roll:
] or to edit one and then the other in Word instead of TagEditor.

Many thanks in advance for your comments and details!!

Romina

Direct link Reply with quote

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:03
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Try ttxpress Jan 11, 2009

You can try first opening the bilingual file with TagEditor and see if that works.

If that fails, Ttxpress is a word macro allowing you to convert to and from ttx format.

Alternatively, you need to a) make sure you have updated your TM with that file b) strip your bilingual file to its source (there are macros for that, MetaTexis demo does it too) 3) import the source file to TagEditor and translate (or pretranslate the doc file using the TRADOStag XML workflow for Word .doc files option in the Tools tab of the Translation Memory Options dialog.

http://www.google.gr/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=xG9&q=ttxpress%20&btnG=Search

[Edited at 2009-01-11 00:50 GMT]

Ius Translation
United States
Local time: 23:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 12, 2009

Dear Spiros,

Thank you so much for your kind and detailed response. I'll definitely try that.

Romina.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to convert a bilingual .doc into a .ttx?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs