Mobile menu

SDL Edit: Is it possible to enable automatic Multiterm lookup?
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:21
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
Jan 11, 2009

In SDL Edit 2007, there's an option to automatically run a terminology search in the TermBase or TermBases every time a segment is selected, but I can't find a way run an automatic MultiTerm search within SDL Edit. There's the Ctrl+Shift+F12 Lookup option but I was wondering if there's a way to do this automatically.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:21
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Multiterm is for Trados Jan 11, 2009

If you have selected the sdl termbase the terms should show up in the termbase window in editor.
Regards
Heinrich

Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:21
English to German
+ ...
Should work fine Jan 11, 2009

Hi Claudia,

In SDL Edit 2007, there's an option to automatically run a terminology search in the TermBase or TermBases every time a segment is selected, but I can't find a way run an automatic MultiTerm search within SDL Edit. There's the Ctrl+Shift+F12 Lookup option but I was wondering if there's a way to do this automatically.

Actually, this should work just the same way as with TermBase. It's really weird that your automatic lookup works with TermBase termbases but not with MultiTerm termbases.

Have you made sure that the Automatic TermBase Lookup option is checked under Tools > Options > Automations?

Also (I guess you know that, but just in case) automatic lookup won't work in confirmed segments. If you work with a file with confirmed segments - e.g. if you are proofreading it - you will always have do do a manual lookup, no matter whether you use a TermBase or a MultiTerm termbase.

Best regards,
Claudia

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:21
Partial member
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works now Jan 11, 2009

Thank you Heinrich and Claudia. For some reason SDL wasn't working with the MultiTerms I had selected--even in non-confirmed segments. After re-starting the computer, everything's working as it should. It must have been a glitch.

Regards,

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Edit: Is it possible to enable automatic Multiterm lookup?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs