MultiTerm 2007 (v7.5) Displaying text attributes problem
Thread poster: Debmc
Debmc
Debmc
English
Jan 12, 2009

Hi
I am hoping someone can help me with this problem. I want to display the Text attributes from my Termbase in the Trados Term Recognition window, but all i can see are the source and target. When i click on the Dictionary Icon it opens the termbase and the comments are available to view. Is it possible to view the comments in Trados?

Thanks
Debra

Carmen Moreton
Carmen Moreton
Spain
Local time: 11:40
French to Spanish
+ ...
Term Recognition only shows picklist fields Jan 12, 2009

... so you cannot see text fields.

Debmc
Debmc
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You Carmen - Just one more question, how do i create picklists? Jan 12, 2009

Hi Carmen
To follow up, how do i save them as picklists? I am very new to Multiterm.. so please forgive my ignorance

Kind regards
Debra

Carmen Moreton
Carmen Moreton
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
Generating a picklist field in MultiTerm Jan 13, 2009

Firs of all, you must know that text fields and picklist fields have different functions. Text fields are used to write long and very variable contents and picklist fields contain some options from wich you select one or more.
When creating a new termbase or modifying a termbase definition (both options under Termbase menu) you can generate a new field in the step 4 of 5. Wiht the field selected in the avalaible descriptive fields list you can click the properties bouton. You will see then
... See more
Firs of all, you must know that text fields and picklist fields have different functions. Text fields are used to write long and very variable contents and picklist fields contain some options from wich you select one or more.
When creating a new termbase or modifying a termbase definition (both options under Termbase menu) you can generate a new field in the step 4 of 5. Wiht the field selected in the avalaible descriptive fields list you can click the properties bouton. You will see then the data type drop down and select picklist. Add in the lower pannel the picklist options and accept.
Hope this helps!
Collapse

Debmc
Debmc
English
TOPIC STARTER
Last Question - what Version of Trados/Multiterm? Jan 15, 2009

Hi Carmen
I am using Trados Version 8.2 and Multiterm 2007, the picklists are not appearing for me in the Trados Recognition window, so may I ask what version of Trados you use.
For some reason I believed that text fields could be displayed in the Term Recognition window, so I am wondering was this ever the case for any version of Trados?

Again Thank you so much for help

Kind Regards
Debra

Carmen Moreton
Carmen Moreton
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
where did you place the text fields? Jan 15, 2009

only pcklist fields under terms will be shown.

[Editado a las 2009-01-15 23:03 GMT]

Debmc
Debmc
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thats where i went wrong! Jan 16, 2009

Hi Carmen
I put them at entry level! i'll try what you said.

Thanks so much
Debra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 2007 (v7.5) Displaying text attributes problem

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »