https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/125018-cannot_find_reference_to_multiterm_75_in_twb_82.html

Cannot find reference to MultiTerm 7.5 in TWB 8.2
Thread poster: Daniel Isaacs
Daniel Isaacs
Daniel Isaacs
Local time: 07:29
Hebrew to English
Jan 14, 2009

Having just upgraded my computer and re-downloaded my SDL 2007 suite, I thought I should start using Multiterm. I am running Multiterm 7.5.0.444 (Build 448) and Translator's Workbench 8.2.0.835.

When I try to click on Term Recognition in TWB, it does nothing. "Term Recognition Options" under Options in TWB gives me the option of either MultiTerm 5 or MultiTerm 7. If I click MultiTerm 7, I get the following error:

"The selected term information provider returned the fo
... See more
Having just upgraded my computer and re-downloaded my SDL 2007 suite, I thought I should start using Multiterm. I am running Multiterm 7.5.0.444 (Build 448) and Translator's Workbench 8.2.0.835.

When I try to click on Term Recognition in TWB, it does nothing. "Term Recognition Options" under Options in TWB gives me the option of either MultiTerm 5 or MultiTerm 7. If I click MultiTerm 7, I get the following error:

"The selected term information provider returned the following error:
(-2147467259): Unspecified error"

I received both of these files directly from SDL website at the very same time, so as far as I can tell, the builds ought to match.

I read on another message thread that the problem might be with the builds, but are there any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Daniel
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 06:29
English to Czech
+ ...
Try re-registering Jan 15, 2009

Hi Daniel,
you might try re-registering both of the programs: run Self_register.bat for TWB first and then for MultiTerm.
This has nothing to do with registering your software on Trados website or so; it's about writing new values to your OS registry.

Daniel Isaacs
Daniel Isaacs
Hebrew to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Stanislav, but still having the same problem Jan 15, 2009

I re-registered both of them (I just ran all of the selfregister.bat files I could find in Trados folders), but still no luck. It still won't find MultiTerm 7, and gives me the same error message ...

hedapen
hedapen
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have the same problem Mar 30, 2009

Did you finally find out how to sort out that problem? I am having it just now and do not know how to come over it. Thank you in advance for your help.

Daniel Isaacs
Daniel Isaacs
Hebrew to English
TOPIC STARTER
No. Still no solution. I have simply stopped trying Mar 30, 2009

But if anyone has a solution, I'd be more than happy to hear it.

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Had the same problem recently... Mar 30, 2009

...and resolved it by uninstalling MT2007, purging all MT registry entries and re-installing MT2007.
Make sure you don't enable Next Generation Java in the Java console.

hedapen
hedapen
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have sorted it out Mar 30, 2009

I really do not know how I managed to go over this problem. I have done self registering again in the Multiterm and Trados files, "recovered" all the database files I could not access from Multiterm as local files and, luckily, they are all available now in my TW menu. But I have been reading around and these Java-related issues look to have some problems... In my particular case, I have not uninstalled anything.

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Reloading termbases Mar 30, 2009

That might be it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot find reference to MultiTerm 7.5 in TWB 8.2

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »