Translation using TagEditor
Thread poster: terdal

terdal  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:51
Member (2008)
German to French
+ ...
Jan 15, 2009

That's the first time I use TagEditor (Trados 6.5)

I open the ttx file and a first error occured (search items not found or something like that, don't remember)
It open though and ... I saved the file when I finished the translation, but I can't open it again !!!

TagEditor says : (40007): Error reading TTX file header: Aleading surrogate character was not followed by a legal second character.

Do I have to correct the file header (I can open it as txt file in wordpad).

Thanks a lot.

Gregory LADRET.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
What was the source format of your ttx-file? Jan 15, 2009

Tageditor 6.5 was very limited in the variety of files, which could have been opened and processed.
The error you are getting is most probably caused by the fact, that the ttx file you are trying to open was created with a newer version of Trados.
Just open the ttx file in Windows Notepad and read the file header. Under "CreationToolVersion" you'll find the version of Tageditor, which has created the file.
Don't try to work on files, created with newer versions than yours, as you will simply deliver just damaged file, even if you somehow manage to translate it, your customer will not be able to use your work.

Cristina Di Bartolo  Identity Verified
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
(40007) Error reading TTX file header Jan 28, 2009

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem with my Tag Editor 7.0, suddenly I can't open ttx files, but it usually works, this is the first time I get this error. Isn't there any possible workaround to solve this issue and open the file then?

Thanks in advance

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation using TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs