Thread poster: Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 16, 2009

I have bought a new laptop with Vista and Office 2007. My old laptop (XP/2003) has Trados 2006.

Having spoken with the SDL sales team, they advised me that all I need to do is purchase the upgrade for Trados 2007, and then it will work on my new operating system. I have purchased this item.

However, since I am using a brand new laptop, none of the old Trados 2006 files are on it either. I have therefore downloaded all of the files that were available from my account on
... See more
I have bought a new laptop with Vista and Office 2007. My old laptop (XP/2003) has Trados 2006.

Having spoken with the SDL sales team, they advised me that all I need to do is purchase the upgrade for Trados 2007, and then it will work on my new operating system. I have purchased this item.

However, since I am using a brand new laptop, none of the old Trados 2006 files are on it either. I have therefore downloaded all of the files that were available from my account on SDL (there seem to be a lot more of them than I remember) , and I have also downloaded the newly purchased upgrade file.

My question is, I think, relatively simple: How do I now go about installing Trados so that it works on my new computer.

(Note: I am not technically minded, and I do not know much about patches, upgrades, versions, systems etc. Things will need to be explained clearly!)

Many thanks

Wendy
Collapse

Ulf Norlinger
Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 21:09
English to Swedish
+ ...
Follow the guides Jan 17, 2009

The SDL Trados 2007 package contains several installation guides aimed at dummies. So you should have no problems.

Look especially for the "Installation_en.pdf" below the Doc-folder.

[Redigerad 2009-01-17 01:11 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Installation Jan 18, 2009

Simply download Trados 2007 and install it. No need to install v. 2006 first and then v. 2007 over it.

Wendy Cummings
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
would that work? Jan 19, 2009

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Simply download Trados 2007 and install it. No need to install v. 2006 first and then v. 2007 over it.

Are you sure? I didn't actually purchase Trados 2007, only the upgrade from 2006.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Installation... Jan 19, 2009

Hi Wendy,

I can confirm that you only need to install SDL Trados 2007; you do not need the 2006 version installed first.

If you have purchased the Suite version, then you will need to install SDL Trados 2007 (including Service Pack 2) first and then run the Suite updater afterwards.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Wendy Cummings
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I warned you I was a "dummy"... Jan 19, 2009

The four files that I downloaded for the upgrade are:

Installation_en_client.pdf
SLDMultiTerm2007DesktopSP1NoPF.exe
SLDMultiTerm2007DesktopSP1Update.exe
SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_863_CD.exe

What order do I need to install them?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Installation Order... Jan 19, 2009

Hi Wendy,

No problem, I can see that you have the full SDL Trados 2007 Suite installer and not the patch, which makes things easier. Also, you have two versions of Multiterm 2007 downloaded and only need to run one of them.

Please download the Installation_en_client.pdf file first, it may come in handy.

Then install your software in the following order:

1. Install SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_863_CD.exe first. This will install the full SDL Trados 200
... See more
Hi Wendy,

No problem, I can see that you have the full SDL Trados 2007 Suite installer and not the patch, which makes things easier. Also, you have two versions of Multiterm 2007 downloaded and only need to run one of them.

Please download the Installation_en_client.pdf file first, it may come in handy.

Then install your software in the following order:

1. Install SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_863_CD.exe first. This will install the full SDL Trados 2007 Suite software on to your system.

2. Install SLDMultiTerm2007DesktopSP1NoPF.exe second. This will install the full Multiterm 2007 software on to your system.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team
Collapse

Wendy Cummings
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 19, 2009

Thank you Gareth, it all seems to have installed successfully.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vista/2007 - how to install Trados 2006 then the 2007 upgrade

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »