Mobile menu

SDL Trados 2007 - Import, setup and export functions greyed out
Thread poster: frakie
frakie
Local time: 12:55
English to Italian
Jan 18, 2009

Hi,
I have a strange problem with Trados Translators' Workbench.

Under the File menu, the Properties, Import, Setup, Export, Reorganise, Maintenance commands are greyed out and not accessible. This didn't happen until a couple of days ago.

Is there any option to activate them? Do you have any ideas why this happens?

I've found out that they are active when I create a new memory. Could it be that they don't work with TMs created with a previous version of Trados?

Thanks.

[Edited at 2009-01-18 22:03 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Try this... Jan 19, 2009

Hello,

You need to open the Translation Memory in Exclusive mode in order for these functions to become available. Please try the following:

1. Open Translators Workbench
2. Go to File > Open...
3. Select your Translation Memory (TM) from the file browser and tick the "Exclusive" option.
4. Select "Open" to open the selected TM in Exclusive mode.

You should now be able to use the functions.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

[Edited at 2009-01-19 09:48 GMT]

frakie
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Jan 19, 2009

Thank you so much!

It worked perfectly well.

jmutka
United States
Local time: 06:55
Finnish to English
+ ...
exclusive mode still doesn't help Dec 25, 2013

ok, picking up an old thread, but...

- i've followed the instruction on this thread and tried to open an old TMW in exclusive mode, but import, export, setup are STILL grayed out.

i suspect it's because the TM is password-protected.

if i try to open it with studio 2011, i get asked an "administrator password," which, if it's different from the user password, i don't have.

anything else i can do - the TM is ancient, and i suspect i won't be able to trace back to whoever created it back in the day, for the admin password.

is there something else i could do, or i'm out of luck here?

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:55
Finnish to French
TM password remover Dec 25, 2013

jmutka wrote:
i suspect it's because the TM is password-protected.

if i try to open it with studio 2011, i get asked an "administrator password," which, if it's different from the user password, i don't have.

anything else i can do - the TM is ancient, and i suspect i won't be able to trace back to whoever created it back in the day, for the admin password.

There's a freeware TM password remover floating out there. I have never used it, but people have reported success with it:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/211928-password_protected_tm_ok_in_wb_but_not_studio.html

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TW_users/conversations/messages/52707

Unfortunately, it's no longer available in its original location, so you'll have to find someone who can send it to you.

jmutka
United States
Finnish to English
+ ...
TMPwdRec.exe Jan 2, 2014

Dominique Pivard wrote:
There's a freeware TM password remover floating out there. I have never used it, but people have reported success with it:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/211928-password_protected_tm_ok_in_wb_but_not_studio.html
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TW_users/conversations/messages/52707

Unfortunately, it's no longer available in its original location, so you'll have to find someone who can send it to you.

just requested the file on the proz-thread you linked to above. many thanks for the pointer. and if there's a visitor to this thread that has it - please can you shoot a copy my way?

jmutka
United States
Finnish to English
+ ...
still no go - TMPwdRec Jan 2, 2014

just requested the file on the proz-thread you linked to above. many thanks for the pointer. and if there's a visitor to this thread that has it - please can you shoot a copy my way?

now i got the file from a kind colleague. however, the software says that the file is not locked and doesn't do anything.

wondering if this would relate to the fact that the TMW i'm struggling with is i think excerpted from an online TM?

[Edited at 2014-01-02 17:10 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 - Import, setup and export functions greyed out

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs