Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:42
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jan 20, 2009

When I copy and past sentences from pdf or Word into Editor, the pasting stops at the first line-break. That makes things a bit complicated. Is there a way around it that would make editor tolerate line-breaks?
Regards
Heinrich

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:42
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Normal SDLX behavior, imho Jan 20, 2009

Texts converted from PDFs always have hard line breaks in the end of lines. SDLX treats the pasted text with line breaks as different segments.
Can't you remove the line breaks in Word before copying/pasting?

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:42
English to Czech
+ ...
Not SDLX behaviour Jan 21, 2009

This is a PDF-inherent issue. If you copy-paste a paragraph from a PDF file into any other software, such as e.g. Word or SDLX Edit, all lines will end with a paragraph break. There are two ways of getting rid of this problem, both of them rather dull:

1) Copy-paste the entire PDF text into Word and remove all irrelevant paragraph breaks manually. Then copy-paste into SDLX Edit.

2) OCR the PDF.

I personally prefer the latter, but you know what the results o
... See more
This is a PDF-inherent issue. If you copy-paste a paragraph from a PDF file into any other software, such as e.g. Word or SDLX Edit, all lines will end with a paragraph break. There are two ways of getting rid of this problem, both of them rather dull:

1) Copy-paste the entire PDF text into Word and remove all irrelevant paragraph breaks manually. Then copy-paste into SDLX Edit.

2) OCR the PDF.

I personally prefer the latter, but you know what the results of OCR sometimes are...
I'm afraid there's nothing else to do.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pasting into SDLX Editor: line-breaks

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »