Thread poster: nrgetic

nrgetic  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:51
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 20, 2009

Hello,

I have Trados 7.0 build 615 installed and I cannot find T-Windows for Resources in my trados installation. Therefore, I cannot translate *.properties files. T-Windows for Resources is referred in the help topics, though...

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Natalia

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
TagEditor? Jan 20, 2009

I think the abililty to translate .properties files was integrated into TagEditor several versions ago. My TagEditor 8.2 supports this, I just checked. Maybe it works in TagEditor 7.0, too?

HTH,
Benjamin

nrgetic  Identity Verified
Spain
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution provided by SDL support Jan 20, 2009

Hello!

Thanks for your reply, Benjamin, but no, Tageditor does not support properties files in version 7.0. However, the solution came from SDL Support. I will copy it here just in case it is of help to anyone in the same situation as I was.

"You can find all the T-Window applications in your Trados 7 folder C:\Program Files\TRADOS\T7_FL\TT . There you should find a TWR/TWR.exe file (T-Windows for Resources) and all the other T-Window executables(TWC, TWE, TWX). You will not find a link to this applications in the Start menu, because you can use TagEditor for translation of any supported file types (see File Formats Reference Guide)."

Natalia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't find T-Windows for Resources

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs