Printing for review
Thread poster: bmalott
Jan 22, 2009

Hello,
I'm have an issue trying to print from a ttx file.

I can copy it from tageditor to a word doc but it makes the doc twice the size that it should be.
It put all the codeing in the file.

All I need it the translated text to print.

just so you know I'm not receiving all the files so I can not convert the files back to there original format.

Is there a way using tageditor to print only the translated text.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:15
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Jan 23, 2009

Hi,

Please help others to help you by providing the information requested when posting a new topic. Specifically, what file type are you working on?

Best regards,
Ralf

Jenni Jelse
Jenni Jelse  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 03:15
English to Swedish
+ ...
One way Jan 23, 2009

I haven't found a way to do this in TagEditor when there are no source files to convert back to. What I usually do is use search / replace for all grey text in Word to remove it completely, and possibly all the red text too, depending on the document. That way only the translated text is left. Works in most cases and only takes a few seconds.

I'm interested to see if someone knows a better way.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 09:15
English to Thai
+ ...
Show target texts view in TagEditor Jan 24, 2009

In TE, show only target texts. Copy all to MS word [You get tons of tags, though]. Edit and reflect back to your TE file.
You cannot edit translation in "Show target texts view in TagEditor." You need to use the Edit view.
Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Printing for review

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »