Mobile menu

Tag Editor: filter error/T.workbench:Unknown error when reading plug-in filter management
Thread poster: Emanuela Leonardi

Emanuela Leonardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:48
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Jan 24, 2009

Hallo everybody,

I don't know what happened but I can summarize what I did:
1) I wanted to change the way in which TagEditor was opening my excel file so I click on the icon SLD Trados 2007>manage filter settings and I changed settings for excel.
2) After that when I tried to reopen my TagEditor I had a lot of errors
Unknown error when reading plug-in filter management file.
- Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format
- No verification plugin could verify this document
So I can open and close segments but I can't verify nor the spelling or grammar and perform the tag verification. (as quoted Estefania in June)
3) Then I open my workbench to translate a word doc and at the moment of clean up I had this message:Unknown error when reading plug-in filter management, but the bak file created (so no clean up)
4) I installed a patch I bought from SDL in nov. And Things did not change (SDLTrados2007Suite_FL_863_Patch.exe )
5) However when I open the icon SDL Trados 2009 with run as administrator everything seems working in proper way except that the TM is not updating properly.

PS I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA BUT I NORMALLY ENTER AS ADMINISTRATOR (OF COURSE)
Obviously I did what it is stated on the KB article http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1643&p=1
But nothing.

Now to be honest I would like to uninstall everything and then reinstall SDL SP2 (without the new patch for the moment) but my only doubt is that if I have to "return licence" before doing all those things.

I know that it's a big mess but I hope someone can help me.
Nice week end to all of you
MANU

Direct link Reply with quote

Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
When corruption seems not to be solvable, the best thing is to reinstall Jan 24, 2009

I can understand that you hesitate to do a complete reinstall.

But don't panic It is not so difficult. My own SDL Trados 2007 went corrupt at one point, and the only solution was to reinstall.

Follow these steps:

1) From the Start menu select Programs > SDL International > SDL Trados 2007 > License Manager
2) Click "View Activated Licenses"
3) Select the activation code of the type "Publisher Activation" in the section "Fulfillment ID" and click "Return License"
4) When the License has been returned select "OK" then select "Close".
5) Enter the Windows Vista's Control Panel > Unisntall programs
6) You should have 5 SDL-items here. The core program is the "SDL Trados 2007 Freelance. This must be unistalled. For the other four you should only select Repair (Double click the appropriate item first), if you want a complete restore, which is the most safe and recommended things to do.
7) When all are uninstalled. Reboot your compute (to get rid of posssibly uninstallable DLLs)
8) From the Start menu select Programs > SDL International > SDL Trados 2007 > License Manager
9) You will be asked for the activation code again. You can find your activation code in the "My Licenses" section of your customer center at SDL.
10) That's it. Now it should work. Test it first fo a while, then install the patches. If it is due to the patches, do the same procedure as above again. But of course, don't install the patches.

Work methodically and with no hurry.

Important: Be sure that your own data is not in the Program-folder where SDL resides (The uninstallation may remove all data below the dedicated SDL-folder. Generally it should be in a folder you have specified outside the Program-folder. Otherwise, copy your own data to another location.

[Edited at 2009-01-24 16:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-01-24 16:12 GMT]

Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the moment Jan 24, 2009

Hi Ulf thks for the moment I will do what you suggest...I will try not to panic)))
Ciao
Manu

Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
I forgot one thing Jan 24, 2009

7.5) You must of course install SDL again after the unistallation!

[Edited at 2009-01-24 18:03 GMT]

Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Jan 26, 2009

Hi Ulf I would like to thank you again for your support. I reinstalled everything without this new patch (I bought it!!!!!!!!!!) and everything works again.
Those strange machines sometimes drive me mad!
Thank you again
MANU

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor: filter error/T.workbench:Unknown error when reading plug-in filter management

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs