Mobile menu

How do import .xml into Trados 7 (error message)?
Thread poster: lamiayehia

lamiayehia  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:48
French to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 26, 2009

I am new to both Trados and Multiterm.
I had Trados 6.5 and Multiterm 7.
I have a long 3-column Excel sheet containing (the English acronym + English term + Arabic corresponding traslation). After I went trough all the forums, all I could really grab was how to convert a 2-column glossary with Trados convert. So I excluded the Acronyms (but if anyone can tell me how exactly i could keep them, I'd be very thankful). The end result was a .xml file.
So I go to Trados 6.5 workbench then OPTIONS > TERM RECOGNITION OPTIONS > pick MULTITERM 7 then BROWSE... local termbases > pick my termbase > but I get an error message: MUTITERM 7 CANNOT CREATE: THE SELECTED TERM INFORMATION PROVIDER RETURNED THE FOLLOWING ERROR: (-2147467261)NULL)
So I try to pick Multiterm 5 instead... Another problem shows up; it only accepts .mtw files (???).
So I upgraded my Trados 6.5 to the 7 version. The issue remains.

Please heeeeeeeeeeelp!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Just use this tutorial Jan 26, 2009

you can download it here.
In short: after you converted your Excel sheet to xml you have to create a new termbase in Multiterm, fill it with your xml file and first then open in Workbench.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Invalid characters Jan 26, 2009

Check if the name of your MT7 termbase contains any of the "=/\" characters. If it does, rename it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do import .xml into Trados 7 (error message)?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs