Opening Multiterm 2007 ("Multiterm server is currently unavailable")
Thread poster: SEL UK
SEL UK
SEL UK
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:58
German to English
+ ...
Jan 26, 2009

We have a floating licence for Trados 2007, and my PC is the main server re Trados.
On attempting to open Multiterm 2007 for the first time, does anyone know what the following error message means:

"The Multiterm server is currently unavailable. Please contact your Multiterm administrator".

Simply that someone is using the floating licence on a different machine and working in, say, a Trados translation memory, or something completely different than that?
... See more
We have a floating licence for Trados 2007, and my PC is the main server re Trados.
On attempting to open Multiterm 2007 for the first time, does anyone know what the following error message means:

"The Multiterm server is currently unavailable. Please contact your Multiterm administrator".

Simply that someone is using the floating licence on a different machine and working in, say, a Trados translation memory, or something completely different than that?

It does open up if I press 'cancel' on the above error message, however I don't know if it's working correctly after that as it's the first time I've used it! It doesn't automatically say 'working in demo mode' or similar but I'm wondering if that's what's happening...

Hope there's someone out there who's experienced this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Graeme

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-01-26 19:21 GMT]
Collapse

SEL UK
SEL UK
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:58
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved! Jan 27, 2009

In short, I went back to basics and completely deleted the version of Multiterm I had (7.1.0.361) and reinstalled from the sdl.com site the latest download for the full Multiterm 2007 which included the Service Pack 1 upgrade.
Opened the program again and I no longer see the error message resolved.

So now in the Termbase i have created, all I want to do is import + see the existing .xml glossary sent by a client, but no success yet...

So I may be back to the f
... See more
In short, I went back to basics and completely deleted the version of Multiterm I had (7.1.0.361) and reinstalled from the sdl.com site the latest download for the full Multiterm 2007 which included the Service Pack 1 upgrade.
Opened the program again and I no longer see the error message resolved.

So now in the Termbase i have created, all I want to do is import + see the existing .xml glossary sent by a client, but no success yet...

So I may be back to the forum !!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening Multiterm 2007 ("Multiterm server is currently unavailable")

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »