Thread poster: Burrell

Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:29
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Jan 26, 2009

I use Vista, SLD Trados 2007 (build 820)

Every time I open the Tag Editor a message saying that Word Spelling check has not loaded appears. Unfortunately I am finishing huge project tomorrow and somehow need to sort out the spellcheck till then. The only thing I can imagine is to uninstall Trados and then install again but I would rather avoid that as it takes time and time at the moment is a luxury I do not have. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Ines

Direct link Reply with quote

Nikolai Muraviev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:29
English to Russian
+ ...
Same problem, Jan 26, 2009

I use WinXP SP2. I have re-installed TRADOS with no positive results. Spell checkerin TagEditor still not works.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 15:29
English to Czech
+ ...
Try this Jan 26, 2009

1) Open the Windows Task Manager and check if there's no instance of Word running in the background (winword.exe process). If there is one, close it.
2) If there is none, unload the spelling checker and then load it again. Reloading should work. It does for me anyway.

Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:29
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted out Jan 28, 2009

I have sorted this out finally by upgrading to Service pack 2. The new TE offers 3 dictionaries to choose from and one of them loads, thank God! But the one that did not load previously, still would not load. Go figure!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell checker in TE does not load

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs