Tag editor error saving Excel file
Thread poster: Alexandra Speirs

Alexandra Speirs  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:57
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 27, 2009

I'm using Trados 6.5, Windows XP.

This is the first time I've used Tag Editor with an Excel file and everything went fine until the end.
When I select "Save Target as..." it starts working, then gives this message:

Connection with server application error.
Document structure error.
Cell: (....cell content...) from Worksheet 1 does not exist in TRADOSTag document.
Please check if the structure of TRADOSTag document or the workbook was changed.

What can I do now?

[Edited at 2009-01-27 10:54 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Maybe the cell is protected Jan 27, 2009

Try to paste all from your spread sheet to a completely new one (all settings for the new Excel file are at its default values), and save from the new Excel sheet.

Be sure that the content within the cell has a length below 31 chars.

Be sure that the cell content is not buttons, labels, and so on.

Be sure that Excel doesn't run in "reduced-functionality mode" (i.e. that's it activated)

Alexandra Speirs  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
start again? Jan 27, 2009

Do you mean make a completely new Excel file, create a Tag Editor file from it and then run through it with the memory?

Ulf Norlinger wrote:

Try to paste all from your spread sheet to a completely new one (all settings for the new Excel file are at its default values), and save from the new Excel sheet.

Be sure that the content within the cell has a length below 31 chars.

Be sure that the cell content is not buttons, labels, and so on.

Be sure that Excel doesn't run in "reduced-functionality mode" (i.e. that's it activated)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag editor error saving Excel file

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs