Trados menu in Word disappeared
Thread poster: CristinaPereira

CristinaPereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:52
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 30, 2009

My Trados menu in Word has disappeared and I cannot do anything. It's true Word crashed and a message told something like removing a file... I already restarted the computer but it didn't help.

Does anybody know what can be done? I'm trying not to panic...

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 04:52
English to Vietnamese
Maybe the Trados add-in was disabled Jan 30, 2009

Try to enable Trados add-in. In Word, do the following:

Select Tools > Templates and Add-ins, make sure is selected under the box Checked items are currently loaded.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:52
Try this... Jan 30, 2009

Hello Christina,

We have an article within the SDL knowledge base which should fix this issue. Please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

CristinaPereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:52
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Solved! Jan 30, 2009

Thank you very much to both of you, the problem is solved. I tried to locate the file in the Search function and I found it but didn't really well what to do. Anyway, when I opened Word again there was the Trados menu and bar.

Thanks a lot again,

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:52
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Try tvtruc solution first Jan 30, 2009

Next time this happens (and, oh, it will happen, believe me), do exactly as tvtruc suggests. This is an old, frequent, known situation. Let me suggest that whenever you encounter a problem with TRADOS search the web and/or search Proz, before posting here. Almost everything has been discussed and a solution exists.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados menu in Word disappeared

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs