Variables in Trados Workbench 8 (2007)
Thread poster: Yossi Rozenman

Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 01:33
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Feb 1, 2009

I'm a heavy user of variables in Trados. In version 5.0 you had to upload a file, or several files, with certain structure, and re-upload it when an item was added.

In version 6.0 you had to enter the variables manually. So, I kept on maintaining the variables file and copied the new variables added each time I opened a TM.

Now I upgraded to version 8.0 (Freelance Suite 2007) and here it is sort of a combination of the two. You can enter the variables manually or indicate a file using "file://[file path and name]".

First I tried to copy the variables list, but it did not copy the whole list and I could not enter manually more variables. I tried the "file://" method, but it does not seem to work properly. Some of the variables are recognized and some not.

How can I resolve this?

TIA

[Edited at 2009-02-01 06:49 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Variables in Trados Workbench 8 (2007)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs