SDLX and Trados Synergy won't start
Thread poster: Kitty Maerz

Kitty Maerz  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:56
English to German
+ ...
Feb 1, 2009

I recently bought the Trados package offered via ProZ, and so far things went fine. I was slowly getting to understand how the various programs work but have to admit I am still very much a beginner.

However, now I am completely stumped. When I tried to open SDL Trados Synergy 07 (which worked just fine last night) today, I got the message (in German):

"SDL Trados 2007 has to be installed/registered in order for SDL Trados Synergy to run"

????

As the program was running just fine before, I assume the problem isn't that something isn't installed. As far as I can tell, I DID activate my license correctly (it shows up in the license manager). However, do I also have to "register" the program somehow?

I also tried to start SDLX. That program won't open either, but there isn't even an error message. Nothing at all happens. Multiterm does still open.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I have absolutely no clue what is going on!

Direct link Reply with quote

Kitty Maerz  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:56
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Never mind, I found it Feb 1, 2009

Sorry about posting before trying everything on my own, but I just kind of panicked when nothing worked any longer.

In case anyone else has the same error message:

YES, you do have to register the program in addition to activating the license. There is even a handy tab to click on when you are in the Windows quick-start of SDL Trados (which I apparently never before looked at properly).

I still don't understand why the program worked fine for several weeks before refusing to even start today. At least now everything is as it should be and hopefully I won't be a regular "Help, Trados is killing me" poster.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX and Trados Synergy won't start

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs