Thread poster: Trans-IT Tra (X)
Trans-IT Tra (X)
Trans-IT Tra (X)
Canada
Local time: 12:12
English to French
Feb 1, 2009

Hello,
I use SDL Trados 2007 SP2 Freelance on Windows XP Home Edition. A new problem appeared this morning: Synergy won't start (it actually shows an "application initialization failure" message, then hangs there so I have to shut it down manually.

I reinstalled everything but it did not fix the issue.

When I boot Windows XP, I get the same error message (problem with the speed launcher?), but I had this error at Windows XP start before and Synergy was starting O
... See more
Hello,
I use SDL Trados 2007 SP2 Freelance on Windows XP Home Edition. A new problem appeared this morning: Synergy won't start (it actually shows an "application initialization failure" message, then hangs there so I have to shut it down manually.

I reinstalled everything but it did not fix the issue.

When I boot Windows XP, I get the same error message (problem with the speed launcher?), but I had this error at Windows XP start before and Synergy was starting OK.

Any idea?

Thank you!
Fabien
Collapse

Trans-IT Tra (X)
Trans-IT Tra (X)
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Feb 1, 2009

Please disregard my previous question. For those interested, after one full day of testing, uninstalling and reinstalling, I found there is a file called Sdl.ProjectApi.xml which contains the path to the last project opened. Mine was on a network drive, and as it was unaccessible from home, Synergy would not open all and generate this error.

Cristèle Gillet
Cristèle Gillet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:12
Member (2007)
German to French
Just encountered the same problem Apr 7, 2009

though I did not work yesterday on such a network drive...
Could you please guide me step by step through the solution you found on that?

[Modifié le 2009-04-07 19:17 GMT]

Trans-IT Tra (X)
Trans-IT Tra (X)
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Reconnect to your network drive Apr 7, 2009

Bonjour Gisèle,
the easiest way is to reconnect your network drive, then launch Synergy. Before exiting Synergy at the end of your work, make sure your active project is local (on the C: or D: drive, per example).

Cristèle Gillet
France
Member (2007)
German to French
Bonjour Fabien! Apr 7, 2009

What do you mean by reconnecting the network drive? My last project yesterday was local, by the way!

Trans-IT Tra (X)
Trans-IT Tra (X)
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Your problem may be different Apr 7, 2009

Bonjour Cristèle,
if your last active project was local, then your problem is different than mine. Try this proz subject: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/96511-sdl_trados_2007_failed_to_initialize_application-.html?&print=1

Cristèle Gillet
France
Member (2007)
German to French
Merci! Apr 7, 2009

That's it! So, it's going to be a long long night!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Synergy application initialization failure

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »