Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 3, 2009

Hi I am running:
Win XP
Word 2002
Trados 7.0 build 615

My Word is really buggy, and crashes a lot. When I reopen documents and then close again it asks me - "Would you like to save changes to TRADOS7.dot?". I think this must be the cause of the problem, as this started along with the bufgginess. Any ideas? Help!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:13
Member (2006)
English to French
same with TRADOS8.dot Feb 3, 2009

I have the same problem with Trados8 and I just click "no" each time.

See the same topic here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/102029-save_changes_in_trados8.html

Stéphanie

S Ben Price  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word doesn't work Feb 3, 2009

No, I can't even work, my Word works fine for 2 minutes, and then becomes unbelievably buggy, and then crashes within about 5 minutes. I usually have to force close and the recover my documents - so this is not an acceptable situation.

Ronnie Halpern  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:13
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Trados template solution Feb 3, 2009

You can find the solution and explanation at the following SDL page.

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2086&p=1

Ronnie

Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed? Feb 3, 2009

So far so, good. Word is still a little buggy, different than before (it asked me if I wanted to see repairs made to the document although there were none, this may just be a remnant of the many crashes before). It is the kind of buggy that I can live with for now. Let's hope the fix sticks, thanks a lot. P.S. The TRADOS/.dot messgae is gone, which I take as a very good sign.

Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The bug from HELL!!! Feb 5, 2009

OK, back to square one. I did all of the things mentioned in the link provided by Ronnie TWICE!! (http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2086&p=1) I was very meticuluous and double-checked everything. The problem came back right away.

So, I COMPLETELY removed TRADOS, and every file on my computer having anything to to with TRADOS and reinstalled, I also reinstalled Word.

And now ... the problem is back. How can that be? I manually deleted everything, every last file I could find (including TRADO 6.5 and Multiterm), after running the uninstall in the control panel.

Could Word be running a macro everytime I open a document? Is there anyway to check that? I could have accidentally turned one on when I went to run the clean macro.

My only recourse now would be a complete redo of my operating system, and I am in the middle of a big project. I would lose a whole day, untold hours of tweaking things to the way I like them and tons of little programmes, files etc.

I need help!!!!!!!!

Michael McCain  Identity Verified
France
Arabic to English
+ ...
Word 2007 seems to be causing it May 13, 2009

I have had this problem ("Do you want to save the changes to Trados8.dot?") since installing Word 2007 (licensed copy) a year and half ago (first on XP, now on Vista). The SDL Trados support solution (Article # 1981) asks you to follow a series of steps. This has never worked.

The "solution" concludes:

"Check if the message still appears:
* After deleting the temporary template files, start Microsoft Office Word and close it again.
* The message should not appear again."

Yet, the message appears again. And again, and again, and again....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS7.dot

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs