Mobile menu

No '.bak' with '.docx' Word 2007 files
Thread poster: Patrick van der Stigchel

Patrick van der Stigchel  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:06
English to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 4, 2009

Like most of you probably have, I noticed that while cleaning '.docx'files in Word 2007 the cleaned document seems to overwrite the original bi-lingual and no bak file is produced. I have checked that the 'Keep backup' tab and move back up files are ticked. This however makes no difference at all as i still do not have 'bak files.

I have now reverted to saving everything as Word 1997-2003 & therefore have a .bak saved in the same location as the .doc file after cleaning.

I have asked Trados for a solution with the '.docx' files but unsatisfactorily replied that they do not support this format.

Has anyone come across a different solution to the saving as Word 1997-2003 option as it is very annoying and more work to follow this option?

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 07:06
+ ...
Use TagEditor Feb 5, 2009

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No '.bak' with '.docx' Word 2007 files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs