Trados 7 - Translation without Trados --> unclean file
Thread poster: Marina Paris

Marina Paris  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:15
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 6, 2009

Hi all,

I have translated a simple Word file from English into Italian without using Trados 7 (because I could not access my PC). How can I create now an unclean file in TagEditor using the Italian target Word file and the original English file? (I have a TM but it did not contain useful segments for this text. I just need to update it at the end of the translation).

Thanks a lot for your kind help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Effie Emmanouilidou  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:15
English to Greek
Winalign Feb 6, 2009

You can use Winalign to align the two documents and then go to File > Export file pair (or Export project) and you will get a txt with which you can update your TM.

If it is necessary to create a Tageditor file, after you update the TM you can translate the file (Tools > Translate in Workbench) using the updated TM and you should have an 100% translated file.

[Edited at 2009-02-06 15:34 GMT]

Marina Paris  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:15
English to Italian
+ ...
Thanks! Feb 6, 2009

thank you Effie,

I will try this evening!

Many thanks for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 - Translation without Trados --> unclean file

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs