Thread poster: Marina Paris

Marina Paris  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:08
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 6, 2009

Hi all,

I have translated a simple Word file from English into Italian without using Trados 7 (because I could not access my PC). How can I create now an unclean file in TagEditor using the Italian target Word file and the original English file? (I have a TM but it did not contain useful segments for this text. I just need to update it at the end of the translation).

Thanks a lot for your kind help!
Marina

Direct link Reply with quote

Effie Emmanouilidou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 17:08
English to Greek
Winalign Feb 6, 2009

You can use Winalign to align the two documents and then go to File > Export file pair (or Export project) and you will get a txt with which you can update your TM.

If it is necessary to create a Tageditor file, after you update the TM you can translate the file (Tools > Translate in Workbench) using the updated TM and you should have an 100% translated file.

[Edited at 2009-02-06 15:34 GMT]

Marina Paris  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:08
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Feb 6, 2009

thank you Effie,

I will try this evening!

Many thanks for your help!
marina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 - Translation without Trados --> unclean file

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs