Error during quality check
Thread poster: psicutrinius

psicutrinius  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:32
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 12, 2009

This is Trados 2007 suite freelance, running on Windows XPPro, office 2003.

Document is a word, translated in TE,

(-2146233088): An error occurred during the quality check, with SDL Trados QA Checker 2.0.

I cannot fathom what's up
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
You are not alone Feb 25, 2009

I do get the same error on my fresh Vista system with Office 2003.
I find it interesting that nobody from SDL support answered your forum post. Perhaps they don't know either what causes such a cryptic error message.

I let you know if I find out what is going on.

Elena Sosno  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:32
English to Russian
+ ...
The same problem May 22, 2009

Did anybody find out how to solve this problem? I can't find any information, the only topic with this type of error is this one.

Rebekka Groß  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:32
English to German
me, too Aug 11, 2009

Using Trados 2007 Studio Freelance on Windows XP Pro.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Can be many reasons Aug 11, 2009

In fact I've also had this QA tool crashing, but not always.
First I would try to close all applications and to register Trados using this small apllication "Register Trados 2007 ..." from SDL International programm group. When you find it, simply let it run.

Then try to start ONLY QA-Cheker without any additional tools. Try to reduce the number of tasks pro run - simply run QA checker more than once.

You might also want to try the QA Checker hotfix from article 1721
However, please look first, if your QA checker isn't already patched.

Rebekka Groß  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:32
English to German
alternative tool: ApSIC Xbench Aug 12, 2009

Both a colleague and an agency I work for use this free QA tool. You can download it at

You can run the following QA checks (quoted from the tool's help file):
· Find untranslated segments
· Find segments with the same source text and different target text
· Find segments with the same target text and different source text
· Find tag mismatches
· Find numerical mismatches
· Find terminology mismatches against a list of key terms
· Execute user-defined checklists.

I've just used it for the first time on TTX files after creating an CSV file for checking key terminolgy. Simply save a 2-column Excel file with the keyterms, such as Do Not Translate terms, changed terminology, etc.

It's really easy to use and you can check multiple files instead of one file at the time with Tag Editor's QA check feature.

QA Distiller another tool that's supposed to be really good, but the freelance version is €249. However, you may want to check it out at

Clara Giampietro  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
I solved the problem Aug 27, 2009

Dear All,

I'm using Trados 2007 Suite Freelance, running on Windows XPPro, Office 2003, and during the check with the QA checker 2.0 I got the same error message as you.

I wrote to SDL support through my personal account and they helped me to solve successfully the problem giving me some possible solutions:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the software, returning the activation code before uninstalling the software - you can also see article

As patched installations sometimes do not work well, they suggested to use the full installer for SDL Trados Suite Freelance, which you can download from the My Downloads section of your SDL Trados customer account (under "Upgrade from SDL Trados 2007 Freelance to SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance Plus).

Once you have reinstalled the software, use your activation code to license the software.

2. If you installed the software from one single installation file, and not a patched one, you can try to uninstall it again following the above procedure, or repair your software. To repair it, open the Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > SDL Trados 2007 Suite > Change > Repair.

3. Check that all the necessary options to be verified were activated in the QA checker 2.0 properties when launching the QA Checker. Check particularly that if the options in the Segment Verification [Check for forbidden characters (no delimiter required)], Punctuation [Check for unintentional spaces before the following end punctuation characters], and Trademark Check tabs [Check trademark characters] are activated, the text boxed near them contain some characters.

4. Launch the following file and check if that helps :
"C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007\TT\SelfRegister.bat"

5. If you tried all the above and the same error occurs, it could be a file related problem. (I sent them some files to check, and with one of them they get the same error.) In this case you should ask your customer to send the original file and import it in TagEditor. After saving it, the QA checker 2.0 should work (I tried it and it perfectly worked after that).

I hope that one or more of them could be of some help for you too!

[Modificato alle 2009-08-27 13:47 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error during quality check

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs