Mobile menu

Why sometimes the formatting of source and target is changed automatically in Workbench?
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:22
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Feb 13, 2009

I am a new user of Trados and I translate by using Workbench.

I have a document in which the whole text is unbold and in a simple format. It works fine until 4th or 5th sentence but after it, the new English (source) and target (my language) sentences automatically become strikethrough. In some files, some of the source text automatically becomes bold or italics. This is very annoying and I can't find any reason for such a mess.

Can I change the formatting manually after translating the document without using the Trados? Will it affect the unclean file?

Could you tell me why does this happen and how can I get rid of this problem?

I use Trados' version 7.0 and Word 2003.

Thanks in anticipation.

[Edited at 2009-02-13 03:29 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Anne Kjaer Iversen  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:52
German to Danish
+ ...
Link Feb 13, 2009

Try reading this post:

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why sometimes the formatting of source and target is changed automatically in Workbench?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs