Mobile menu

Workbench and Multiterm not talking to each other properly
Thread poster: David Chapman
David Chapman
Local time: 18:33
French to English
Feb 13, 2009

I have a rather odd problem with workbench and multiterm.

Trados 7, Multiterm 7, using MS Word 2003.

When opening a segment in Word, within which I know there are terms covered by my Multiterm database, the right hand window in Workbench is not showing these terms... However, if I highlight the term in question (in workbench), right click on it and ask trados to search multiterm it instantly comes up with the correct term.

Lowering the 'minimum match value' to something ridiculously low like 35% seems to have no effect either.

This even occurs when the complete segment itself is identical to a term within the MT database.

What am I doing wrong?

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:33
Partial member
+ ...
Is the text hidden? Feb 13, 2009

Sometimes the source term happens to be hidden? Select the source segment and apply a non-hidden font. From Word: Format>Font and make sure under Effects, the Hidden check box is empty. Sometimes that works, sometimes it's just Trados being bitchy.

Good luck,

Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:33
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Two possible solutions: Feb 13, 2009

1. try to reorganise the Termbase

if this does not help:
2. Package the Termbase and then load it again

The same problem happened to me 2-3 times after importing a converted Excel glossary. Everytime there was a problem reorganizing the termbase, and the only solution that helped was to package the termbase and then load it.

Of course your situation might be different.

Rod Walters  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:33
Japanese to English
Workbench Options > Term Recognition Options Feb 14, 2009

Hi David,

Is this your first time using it?

It sounds to me as if you haven't set a termbase in Workbench. Follow the procedure above. You can set several termbases.

(I think this one gets most new users. It had me foxed for a while.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench and Multiterm not talking to each other properly

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs