Mobile menu

Trados 7 Freelance - TagEditor InDesign Filter - Error
Thread poster: Athome
Local time: 00:42
English to Spanish
Feb 14, 2009

When I open an .INX.TTX file (InDesign) in TagEditor, the following error messages are retrieved:

'Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format:'
'Filter definition not found: TRADOS InDesign Filter'

The file will open, though.

I have already tried copying the file 'InDesign Filter' in folder TRADOS 7 Freelance\Filters, and the file 'TradosIndesignFilter1.0.0.0' (it is .rar file, but I also tried unzipping it, this the .jar file) in folder T7_FL\TT\RCFilter

I use Windows Vista.

Has anyone encountered this problem?
Can you tell me how to solve it?
Apart from copying the files I haven't taken any other measure.

Thank you!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:42
English to Czech
+ ...
Build Number Feb 14, 2009

what is your Trados build number? AFAIK, InDesign files have been supported since build 756, not earlier.

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
See older thread(s) Feb 14, 2009

This is a known issue.

Check this old thread for a solution:

Edit: Just for the record, which version of Trados do you have? InDesign INX files are only supported by Trados versions 7.1 and above.

[Edited at 2009-02-14 17:04 GMT]

United States
Failed to save target content Nov 10, 2013

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I am looking to get rid of an error that gives me headache each time I want to generate target document files. I contacted SDL for help but they asked to buy PSMA contract. That's annoying because I have already paid almost a thousand dollars for licensing.

SDL itself asked me to check this website if I need help. I hope someone help me, I will be really thankful.

This is the error I get when trying to safe the target file.

Failed to save target content:Unknown error when reading plug-in filter definition file\User\SaidAhmad\AppData\Local\Temp\hi4cewwg.spy\xg2u5ul4xxr.doc

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi Farzad Nov 10, 2013

Somehow ...\Temp\hi4cewwg.spy\xg2u5ul4xxr.doc does not sound good... This is certainly NOT a file definition. Have you checked your system for viruses, trojans etc? Do you know what is this xg2u5ul4xxr.doc, where does it come from?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 Freelance - TagEditor InDesign Filter - Error

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs