Trados 7 Freelance - TagEditor InDesign Filter - Error
Thread poster: Athome
Athome
Athome
Local time: 22:52
English to Spanish
Feb 14, 2009

When I open an .INX.TTX file (InDesign) in TagEditor, the following error messages are retrieved:

'Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format:'
'Filter definition not found: TRADOS InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0'

The file will open, though.

I have already tried copying the file 'InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0.xml' in folder TRADOS 7 Freelance\Filters, and the file 'TradosIndesignFilter1.0.0.0' (it is .rar file, but I also tried unzipping it, th
... See more
When I open an .INX.TTX file (InDesign) in TagEditor, the following error messages are retrieved:

'Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format:'
'Filter definition not found: TRADOS InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0'

The file will open, though.

I have already tried copying the file 'InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0.xml' in folder TRADOS 7 Freelance\Filters, and the file 'TradosIndesignFilter1.0.0.0' (it is .rar file, but I also tried unzipping it, this the .jar file) in folder T7_FL\TT\RCFilter

I use Windows Vista.

Has anyone encountered this problem?
Can you tell me how to solve it?
Apart from copying the files I haven't taken any other measure.

Thank you!!
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 02:52
English to Czech
+ ...
Build Number Feb 14, 2009

Hi,
what is your Trados build number? AFAIK, InDesign files have been supported since build 756, not earlier.

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
See older thread(s) Feb 14, 2009

This is a known issue.

Check this old thread for a solution: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/61918-problem_opening_trados_ttx_files.html

Edit: Just for the record, which version of Trados do you have? InDesign INX files are only supported by Trados versions 7.1 and above.

[Edited at 2009-02-14 17:04 GMT
... See more
This is a known issue.

Check this old thread for a solution: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/61918-problem_opening_trados_ttx_files.html

Edit: Just for the record, which version of Trados do you have? InDesign INX files are only supported by Trados versions 7.1 and above.

[Edited at 2009-02-14 17:04 GMT]
Collapse

farzadlami
farzadlami
United States
Failed to save target content Nov 10, 2013

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I am looking to get rid of an error that gives me headache each time I want to generate target document files. I contacted SDL for help but they asked to buy PSMA contract. That's annoying because I have already paid almost a thousand dollars for licensing.

SDL itself asked me to check this website if I need help. I hope someone help me, I will be really thankful.

This is the error I get when trying to safe the tar
... See more
Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I am looking to get rid of an error that gives me headache each time I want to generate target document files. I contacted SDL for help but they asked to buy PSMA contract. That's annoying because I have already paid almost a thousand dollars for licensing.

SDL itself asked me to check this website if I need help. I hope someone help me, I will be really thankful.

This is the error I get when trying to safe the target file.

Failed to save target content:Unknown error when reading plug-in filter definition file\User\SaidAhmad\AppData\Local\Temp\hi4cewwg.spy\xg2u5ul4xxr.doc

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Regards,

Farzad
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Farzad Nov 10, 2013

Somehow ...\Temp\hi4cewwg.spy\xg2u5ul4xxr.doc does not sound good... This is certainly NOT a file definition. Have you checked your system for viruses, trojans etc? Do you know what is this xg2u5ul4xxr.doc, where does it come from?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 Freelance - TagEditor InDesign Filter - Error

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »