TRADOS 2007 toolbar disappears in WORD 2007
Thread poster: roak
roak
roak
United States
German to English
Feb 17, 2009

The TRADOS toolbar is normally seen when you click the ADD-INS tab in WORD 2007. However that toolbar disappeared all of a sudden. Whats the way out? Reinstallation of Trados? Or is it a problem with the TRADOS8.dot?

I checked this with the info given on SDL's support page. On searching for the TRados8.dot file on my system I seem to have this file at the two locations specifiedby SDL namely
1) Translation Tools installation folder (C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007_
... See more
The TRADOS toolbar is normally seen when you click the ADD-INS tab in WORD 2007. However that toolbar disappeared all of a sudden. Whats the way out? Reinstallation of Trados? Or is it a problem with the TRADOS8.dot?

I checked this with the info given on SDL's support page. On searching for the TRados8.dot file on my system I seem to have this file at the two locations specifiedby SDL namely
1) Translation Tools installation folder (C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007_xxx\TT\Templates) AND
2) Word Startup folder(s), C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup

However in addition to this I seem to have a folder TRADOS8.dotm in the Translation Tools installation folder (C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007_xxx\TT\Templates)
Could this be the reason?

Please advise.
Many Thanks

[Edited at 2009-02-17 17:13 GMT]
Collapse

L.G.F. (X)
L.G.F. (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
That happened to me once Feb 17, 2009

Hi mate, that happened to me once because I had Microsoft Office installed twice in my computer and in differente versions 2003 and 2007.

roak
roak
United States
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem lies essentially with the .dot files Feb 17, 2009

Search for the .dot files and delete any extra files. Make sure you have only two of the TRADOS8.dot files at those two specific locations and restart WORD and WORKBENCH. The problem should be resolved.
The TRADOS8.dotm however can be done away with. Refer Article 2086 in the SDL Knowledge Base. It helps to a certain extent and then of course you need to apply your logic.

[Edited at 2009-02-17 17:17 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:58
English
Try this... Feb 18, 2009

Hello,

We have an article within the SDL knowledge base which should fix this issue. Please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1466&p=1

Please make sure you copy over the Trados8.dotm template as this is the one required for Word 2007. Only previous Word versions use the T
... See more
Hello,

We have an article within the SDL knowledge base which should fix this issue. Please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1466&p=1

Please make sure you copy over the Trados8.dotm template as this is the one required for Word 2007. Only previous Word versions use the Trados8.dot template.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 2007 toolbar disappears in WORD 2007

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »