Mobile menu

Trados 6.5 Freelance - TM Server 2007 connection problem
Thread poster: ali_nr
Feb 19, 2009

Hi,

Urgent help is needed.

When I try to connect to a TM Server (over the internet) using my Freelance 6.5 Freelance (under WinXP), I get the error message:

"Translator’s Workbench can not connect to the following TM Server: tcp:/nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:8503
TM Anywhere Client is not installed."

Please help...

(the nnn's are real IP numbers provided for me by my server admin.)

Direct link Reply with quote

Ernst Grell  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:02
English to German
+ ...
windows update may have caused the problem Feb 20, 2009

Hello

I experienced the same problem and managed to solve it by deinstalling the latest updates of microsoft .net framework (13 Feb 2009).

Then, at my first attempt to connect to the server I was asked to enter my login data (PW) anew. This did it!

I hope you will find this hint useful --- good luck and best regards,

Ernst

Ernst Grell  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
feedback most welcome Feb 23, 2009

Tell us then, did it help? Leaving aside the netiquette aspect (i.e. good manners), over 130 users took the trouble to read your posting - some of them might be interested to know...

ali_nr
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry for the delay Feb 23, 2009

Hi Ernst,

First of all many thanks for your suggestion; but I could not try it yet.
I will try it when I find the time, and will post the result here.

Ali

Suzanne Smart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:02
Italian to English
+ ...
TM anywhere client Aug 11, 2009

Perhaps you can help me Ernst!
I have the same problem - I try to connect to my client's server and get the message: "Translator’s Workbench can not connect to the following TM Server: http://XXX
TM Anywhere Client is not installed."
I am using Trados 7 Freelance. I see that there are some components for TM Anywhere in my Trados program folder but how do I get them to work?!
I'm afraid I don't really understand your advice about deinstalling the latest updates of microsoft .net framework. I am not very good at solving computer problems!!
Can you tell me step by step what I have to do?!
I'd really appreciate the help as I have been trying for weeks now to find a solution.

ali_nr
TOPIC STARTER
Server Credentials Aug 11, 2009

Hi Suzanne,

First of all, did you add your TM server to your workbench and enter the username/password you should have get from the server administrator?

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
TM Anywhere is server component Aug 11, 2009

Suzanne Smart wrote:

I am using Trados 7 Freelance. I see that there are some components for TM Anywhere in my Trados program folder but how do I get them to work?!

Configure your TM Server connection using TM Anywhere option. If server supports TM Anywhere connections, this should do the trick.

ali_nr
TOPIC STARTER
Server Settings: Step by Step Aug 12, 2009

First, ensure that you have an active internet connection, then:

1. Enter the Trados Workbench,
2. From the File menu select Connect
In the wizard window:
3. Select Internet Connection and press Next,
4. Select Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), press Next,
5. In the TM Server Name field, enter the IP address supplied by the server administrator (something like: 218.20.315.38),
6. Select Use Trados Authentication,
7. Enter the user name in the User ID field (also supplied by the server administrator),
8. Enter the password in the Password field (also supplied by the server administrator),
9. Enter the same password once more in the Confirm Password field,
10. Check Remember Password box, press Next,
11. Press Finish to complete the wizard.
12. Close the window (TM Servers) by pressing OK.

Then in the next window (Select Translation Memory), you can select the TM server and start using the remote TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 Freelance - TM Server 2007 connection problem

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs