Mobile menu

Workbench: An error occured while trying to verify the licence
Thread poster: Vitor Souza
Vitor Souza
English to Portuguese
Feb 20, 2009

Hello,

I bought Trados recently and I already hate myself for that. I installed everything without any problems and registered my copy immediately (by entering the licence number they sent me).

I have been trying to understand how Trados works but I got stuck at the very beginning. Whenever I try to open the Workbench via the Start menu, I get this:

An error occurred while trying to verify the license.
Please check the installation and try again.
Translator's Workbench Freelance will now close.

Now that's helpful. Please check the installation - what do they mean? As I said, the installation went all right. I googled the phrase and found one Russian website. I plugged it into a machine translator (blush) but it did not help.

I spent the last 30 minutes searching the SDL site but apparently I am not entitled to any support unless I shell out more bucks. There were no matches for this problem in their Knowledgebase. There is simply no way for me to contact them, or is there?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:26
English to German
+ ...
Free installation and licensing support - search the forum Feb 20, 2009

Hi "Vitorsouza",
You may want to search this forum - installation and licensing support is free, as explained by SDL Support here.

HTH, Ralf

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
One instance of Trados already running? Feb 20, 2009

Hi,
this error message usually occurs when you are trying to run two instances of Workbench simultaneously. Please check in the Task Manager if another instance of Workbench is already running in the background. If so, close it and try to run Workbench from the Start menu.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Have you registered the licence online? Feb 20, 2009

Vitorsouza wrote:
I bought Trados recently and I already hate myself for that. I installed everything without any problems and registered my copy immediately (by entering the licence number they sent me).

You have to be online as far as I can remember, so that your licence is validated centrally. Plus two copies of TWB is the most usual reason - but I dont think it applies in your case.

Regards

Vito

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench: An error occured while trying to verify the licence

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs