Mobile menu

Trados - How to go to a previous unit
Thread poster: Boris Tsikel
Boris Tsikel  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:17
English to French
Feb 22, 2009

Hello everybody,

Please help me to get to know better SDL Trados. I use the Set/Close next Open/Get function to move to next unit. But what to do if I want to go back to a previous unit. I don't see any button to move back. And if I place the cursor directly to such a unit, my translation doesn't go to the TM. Thank you for your help.

Boris


Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxPeter Manda
Local time: 18:17
German to English
+ ...
going back Feb 22, 2009

You close the segment with set/close. Place the cursor in front of the segment already translated and press open/get.

Direct link Reply with quote
 
Boris Tsikel  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:17
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, Peter! :=) Feb 22, 2009

*

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:17
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Use Wordfast macro in Word Feb 22, 2009

When working in Word (up to Word XP) you can use the macro provided with Wordfast.

http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/108/1/"Downgrading"-from-Wordfast-to-Trados:

In Tageditor there is no way around but close and go back manually. Probably this task was too difficult for the Trados team to implement.

Regards
Heinrich


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:17
Italian to English
Ando Tools Feb 22, 2009

If you are working in Word with Trados Workbench, the Ando toolbar is very useful.

http://atools.dotsrc.org/

Apart from a "return to previous segment" function, Ando also includes a very useful bookmark that lets you go straight to where you left off (great if your are translating a long document), extended searches, various quality assurance features and other bits and pieces.

I use both the Wordfast macro Heinrich suggested, which saves the current macro before going back, and Ando's, which doesn't.

FWIW

Giles


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Monica Tuduce  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 23:17
Partial member
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
Compatibility Feb 22, 2009

Giles Watson wrote:

If you are working in Word with Trados Workbench, the Ando toolbar is very useful.

http://atools.dotsrc.org/


Hello Giles,
I am particularly interested in this tool, could you please tell me if it's fully compatible with Word 2007 and Trados 8.2.0 build 835?

Thank you,
Monica


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:17
Italian to English
Compatibility again Feb 22, 2009

Monica Tuduce wrote:

Giles Watson wrote:

If you are working in Word with Trados Workbench, the Ando toolbar is very useful.

http://atools.dotsrc.org/


Hello Giles,
I am particularly interested in this tool, could you please tell me if it's fully compatible with Word 2007 and Trados 8.2.0 build 835?

Thank you,
Monica


Hi Monica,

I use Ando Tools with Trados 8.3.0 build 863 and Word 2003. The suite also worked fine for me with WB 8.2.0 build 835, again with Word 2003, but I am afraid I have no experience with Word 2007.

I'm sure that if you contact Pavel Soukenik through the website above, he will tell you what you need to know. You could also join the Ando Tools Yahoo group at:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/atools/

Best,

Giles

[Edited at 2009-02-22 18:26 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Monica Tuduce  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 23:17
Partial member
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
What build is that? Feb 22, 2009

Giles Watson wrote:

I use Ando Tools with Trados 8.3.0 build 863 and Word 2003. The suite also worked fine for me with WB 8.2.0 build 835, again with Word 2003, but I am afraid I have no experience with Word 2007.


Thank you very much, maybe I'll just install it and see how it works.

But again, what version and build of Trados is that? I don't see it in My Downloads section.
Thanks again,


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:17
Italian to English
Try My Orders Feb 23, 2009

Monica Tuduce wrote:

Giles Watson wrote:

I use Ando Tools with Trados 8.3.0 build 863 and Word 2003. The suite also worked fine for me with WB 8.2.0 build 835, again with Word 2003, but I am afraid I have no experience with Word 2007.


Thank you very much, maybe I'll just install it and see how it works.

But again, what version and build of Trados is that? I don't see it in My Downloads section.
Thanks again,




Build 863 was a patch issued last October as an "Upgrade from SDL Trados 2007 Freelance to SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance (Pre-sale)", which AFAIR included Synergy in the bundle.

Curiously, the download is underneath the order (you have to click through) in the My Orders section of My Account but it is not linked from My Downloads.

Regarding Ando, I would ask Pavel or the Yahoo group before installing on Word 2007. It's probably OK but you never know. Perhaps some kind soul can enlighten us here.

Giles


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Monica Tuduce  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 23:17
Partial member
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
Trados 2007 Suite Feb 23, 2009

Giles Watson wrote:
Build 863 was a patch issued last October as an "Upgrade from SDL Trados 2007 Freelance to SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance (Pre-sale)", which AFAIR included Synergy in the bundle.
Giles


That's the explanation, I have SDL Trados 2007 Freelance, not the Trados 2007 Suite.
Thank you for your answer,
Have a nice day!


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados - How to go to a previous unit

Advanced search


Translation news related to SDL Trados





SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs