Thread poster: Boris Tsikel (X)
Boris Tsikel (X)
Boris Tsikel (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:53
English to French
Feb 22, 2009

Hello everybody,

Please help me to get to know better SDL Trados. I use the Set/Close next Open/Get function to move to next unit. But what to do if I want to go back to a previous unit. I don't see any button to move back. And if I place the cursor directly to such a unit, my translation doesn't go to the TM. Thank you for your help.

Boris

Peter Manda (X)
Peter Manda (X)
German to English
+ ...
going back Feb 22, 2009

You close the segment with set/close. Place the cursor in front of the segment already translated and press open/get.

Boris Tsikel (X)
Boris Tsikel (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, Peter! :=) Feb 22, 2009

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:53
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Use Wordfast macro in Word Feb 22, 2009

When working in Word (up to Word XP) you can use the macro provided with Wordfast.

http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/108/1/"Downgrading"-from-Wordfast-to-Trados:

In Tageditor there is no way around but close and go back manually. Probably this task was too difficult for the Trados team to implement.... See more
When working in Word (up to Word XP) you can use the macro provided with Wordfast.

http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/108/1/"Downgrading"-from-Wordfast-to-Trados:

In Tageditor there is no way around but close and go back manually. Probably this task was too difficult for the Trados team to implement.

Regards
Heinrich
Collapse

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:53
Italian to English
In memoriam
Ando Tools Feb 22, 2009

If you are working in Word with Trados Workbench, the Ando toolbar is very useful.

http://atools.dotsrc.org/

Apart from a "return to previous segment" function, Ando also includes a very useful bookmark that lets you go straight to where you left off (great if your are translating a long document), extended searches, various quality assurance features and other bits and pieces.
<
... See more
If you are working in Word with Trados Workbench, the Ando toolbar is very useful.

Apart from a "return to previous segment" function, Ando also includes a very useful bookmark that lets you go straight to where you left off (great if your are translating a long document), extended searches, various quality assurance features and other bits and pieces.

I use both the Wordfast macro Heinrich suggested, which saves the current macro before going back, and Ando's, which doesn't.

FWIW

Giles
Collapse

Monica Tuduce
Monica Tuduce  Identity Verified
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
Compatibility Feb 22, 2009

Giles Watson wrote:

Hello Giles,
I am particularly interested in this tool, could you please tell me if it's fully compatible with Word 2007 and Trados 8.2.0 build 835?

Thank you,
Monica

Giles Watson
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Compatibility again Feb 22, 2009

Monica Tuduce wrote:

Giles Watson wrote:

Hello Giles,
I am particularly interested in this tool, could you please tell me if it's fully compatible with Word 2007 and Trados 8.2.0 build 835?

Thank you,
Monica

Hi Monica,

I use Ando Tools with Trados 8.3.0 build 863 and Word 2003. The suite also worked fine for me with WB 8.2.0 build 835, again with Word 2003, but I am afraid I have no experience with Word 2007.

I'm sure that if you contact Pavel Soukenik through the website above, he will tell you what you need to know. You could also join the Ando Tools Yahoo group at:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/atools/

Best,

Giles

[Edited at 2009-02-22 18:26 GMT]

Monica Tuduce
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
What build is that? Feb 22, 2009

Giles Watson wrote:

I use Ando Tools with Trados 8.3.0 build 863 and Word 2003. The suite also worked fine for me with WB 8.2.0 build 835, again with Word 2003, but I am afraid I have no experience with Word 2007.

Thank you very much, maybe I'll just install it and see how it works.

But again, what version and build of Trados is that? I don't see it in My Downloads section.
Thanks again,

Giles Watson
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Try My Orders Feb 23, 2009

Monica Tuduce wrote:

Giles Watson wrote:

Thank you very much, maybe I'll just install it and see how it works.

But again, what version and build of Trados is that? I don't see it in My Downloads section.
Thanks again,

Build 863 was a patch issued last October as an "Upgrade from SDL Trados 2007 Freelance to SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance (Pre-sale)", which AFAIR included Synergy in the bundle.

Curiously, the download is underneath the order (you have to click through) in the My Orders section of My Account but it is not linked from My Downloads.

Regarding Ando, I would ask Pavel or the Yahoo group before installing on Word 2007. It's probably OK but you never know. Perhaps some kind soul can enlighten us here.

Giles

Monica Tuduce
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
Trados 2007 Suite Feb 23, 2009

Giles Watson wrote:
Build 863 was a patch issued last October as an "Upgrade from SDL Trados 2007 Freelance to SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance (Pre-sale)", which AFAIR included Synergy in the bundle.
Giles

That's the explanation, I have SDL Trados 2007 Freelance, not the Trados 2007 Suite.
Thank you for your answer,
Have a nice day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados - How to go to a previous unit

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »