Used wrong TM! How to move segments to proper TM?
Thread poster: Dorothy Schaps

Dorothy Schaps  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:51
German to English
Feb 22, 2009

Hi everyone!

I have no idea how this happened.... =(

I needed to make a new TM for a new project. I opened the Translators Workbench and created a new TM and that was the only one I had open. I swear I didn't open another one!

Now however I realise that there was somehow another TM open (the one I used yesterday) and all the new segments I created have been saved into that TM and not the new one that I created! =(

Is it possible to move the segments that I created today into the new TM?

I'd be really grateful for any advice!

Thank you! =)

Direct link Reply with quote

jmadsen  Identity Verified
Clean the documents into the TM Feb 22, 2009

You just make a copy of the translation file and clean the copy into the TM. Remember to tick the Update TM option in the Clean Up Files dialog.

Dorothy Schaps  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Super! Thank you! Feb 22, 2009

Nice one! Thanks for the tip! I'm still learning all these little Trados tricks

Vitali Stanisheuski  Identity Verified
Belarus
Local time: 05:51
Member (2005)
English to Belarusian
+ ...
I had the same problem Feb 22, 2009

Yes, it is right solution to clean the documents into the TM. But please remember that you have 'alien' units in another TM. In this case you should either delete them manually, or remove the wrong units from the TM text export file (you can trace them by creation date) and re-import the edited file into a newly-created TM, or just create a new TM and clean the underlying bilingual documents into this TM in the same manner as described.

[Edited at 2009-02-22 17:40 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Used wrong TM! How to move segments to proper TM?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs