Mobile menu

Cannot import a .ppt into SDL Synergy (Freelance Suite 2007)
Thread poster: xxxOsbick
xxxOsbick
English to German
Feb 25, 2009

Hi all,

I am teetering on the brink of madness and either I or my PC is going out of the window very soon!

I am trying (for the first time) to import a Powerpoint presentation (Microsoft 2003) into Synergy for Translation. I have checked filters, tags, disabled the Next Gen Java, and all the other good things suggested in similar forums, but still, several hours later, the Convert into Translation Format task fails.

Error: EXC from HRESULT : 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)) (Have googled but no (constructive) help on this error either)

I am running SDL Freelance Suite 2007 from my PC - no server.

In hope that someone can save me from doing something ridiculous in my frustration just ahead of HUGE Deadline!

Many thanks,

FB.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:08
English to German
+ ...
Try opening the file directly in TagEditor Feb 25, 2009

Hi "FB",
Have you tried to open the PPT file directly in TagEditor (without Synergy)?

Best regards,
Ralf

xxxOsbick
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Opening in Tag Edit. doesn't work either Feb 25, 2009

Hi Ralph,

Thanks, was a good suggestions but still doesn't work. No error this time, Tag Editor just says it has failed and must close down.
I also tried (earlier today) to open the ppt directly with Synergy (through R-mouse click directly into the file and 'Open With'. Synergy opened, but then just sat there and did not open the ppt.

xxxOsbick
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Tag Editor Error Report Feb 25, 2009

Hi Ralph,

I was mistaken, Tag Editor does issue a report, I just missed the link:

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1.FLE\LOCALS~1\Temp\9d6b_appcompat.txt

Not at all sure what this file is or what it does nor how I can mend it!

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
File size Feb 25, 2009

Hi Osbick,
what is the PPT file size? Maybe removing all pictures (if any) from the file could help sort this out.

xxxOsbick
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
There is a fix! Feb 25, 2009

Hi Me again.

At last having spent almost a whole day trawling through KB's there is actually hotfix, nicely tucked away in SDL.com which didn't come up on any Google search I committed today. Fantastic.
Anyway, to save all you poor souls suffering the same fate as me hours of lost time and sanity, here's the link.

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.291787564754486

fill ya boots people!

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Of course there is one Feb 26, 2009

But I thought you had checked this out, at least it seemed so in your first post.
Good luck!

Cesar Gil
Local time: 22:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Can you please help me with the solution? May 13, 2009

Hi Osbick,

Unfortunately the link below take me to a general web page were there is no specific solution for the problem. Can you please explain how do you fix the issue or at least how do you look for at transalationzone knowledge base?

Regards

Cesar

Osbick wrote:

Hi Me again.

At last having spent almost a whole day trawling through KB's there is actually hotfix, nicely tucked away in SDL.com which didn't come up on any Google search I committed today. Fantastic.
Anyway, to save all you poor souls suffering the same fate as me hours of lost time and sanity, here's the link.

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.291787564754486

fill ya boots people!

xxxOsbick
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Cannot import a .ppt into SDL Synergy (Freelance Suite 2007) Hotfix May 13, 2009

Hi Cesar,

For some reason the hotfix has been moved and now has a new link address.
http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.782862842082977

In case the one I post here does not work again by the time you read this ! you need to launch the SDL Trados Knowledge base through the SDL.com homepage.
Search (WITH EXACT WORD SEARCH) on

powerpoint2003_Cumulative_Hotfix.zip

This will bring up just one hit - the solution ... at least if you had the same problem as me
If you still have trouble finding the fix, post again. I'll do my best to direct you.

Good luck!

Osbick.

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Talisma link May 13, 2009

Here you go: http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.740446984767914

Cesar Gil
Local time: 22:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks! May 15, 2009

Thanks Stanislav and Osbick

I was not aware you repond the thread so fast and I posted a new thread. I will try the hotfix and let you know if anything goes wrong.

Regards

Cesar

Kelly Bennett  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
same problem 2 years later Jan 21, 2011

Hi there,

Its been nearly two years since this original thread was created, and now I have the same problem!

I'm trying to import a ppt file (not particularly large: 3.2kb) into SDL Synergy (Freelance Suite 2007) and I get the same error (EXC from HRESULT : 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

The link to the hotfix no longer works, so I've tried going to the knowledge base and searching for: powerpoint2003_Cumulative_Hotfix.zip but I get no hits.

I've tried opening the ppt directly with tag editor but then tag editor blocks and closes.

Any advice?

Pleaseeeee?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Wrong link Jan 21, 2011

Hello Kelly,

The link is actually incorrect. All KB articles are linked in this format;

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=XXXX&p=1

Where XXXX represents the KB Article number.

The one you are looking for, I think, is this one;

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3368&p=1

The reason you can't find the old one with a search is because it was removed and rolled up into this later cumulative fix (this is quite an old post now). Make sure you have the correct version of Suite before applying this.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot import a .ppt into SDL Synergy (Freelance Suite 2007)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs