Mobile menu

Problem with formatting in Trados Workbench.
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:05
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Feb 26, 2009

I am a new user of Trados and I have the following versions:

Trados: 7.0

Word: 2003

Is this combination compatible for translating from English to Hindi in Word files in Workbench?

In fact, I am facing many formatting problems while translating. Sometimes, the source and target text automatically becomes bold or italics. Sometimes, the target text automatically becomes bold. Sometimes, the target text appears normal but when I close the sentence and move on to the next sentence, the earlier sentence automatically becomes bold. Once I had a document in which the whole text was unbold and in a simple format. It worked fine until 4th or 5th sentence but after it, the sentences automatically became strikethrough. This is very annoying and I can't find any reason for this problem.

Could you please tell me the possible reason behind it and how should I get rid of this hardship?

Is Workbench suitable for translating Word files?

Today, I translated a part of a Word file and it was working fine and when I began to translate it on a different machine in the evening, I encountered the same problems mentioned above. What can be done in this respect?

Thank you very much in anticipation for your valuable suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with formatting in Trados Workbench.

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs