Mobile menu

Problem with formatting in Trados Workbench.
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 02:11
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Feb 26, 2009

I am a new user of Trados and I have the following versions:

Trados: 7.0

Word: 2003

Is this combination compatible for translating from English to Hindi in Word files in Workbench?

In fact, I am facing many formatting problems while translating. Sometimes, the source and target text automatically becomes bold or italics. Sometimes, the target text automatically becomes bold. Sometimes, the target text appears normal but when I close the sentence and move on to the next sentence, the earlier sentence automatically becomes bold. Once I had a document in which the whole text was unbold and in a simple format. It worked fine until 4th or 5th sentence but after it, the sentences automatically became strikethrough. This is very annoying and I can't find any reason for this problem.

Could you please tell me the possible reason behind it and how should I get rid of this hardship?

Is Workbench suitable for translating Word files?

Today, I translated a part of a Word file and it was working fine and when I began to translate it on a different machine in the evening, I encountered the same problems mentioned above. What can be done in this respect?

Thank you very much in anticipation for your valuable suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with formatting in Trados Workbench.

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs