Mobile menu

How to manage with hyperlinks in Workbench + Word
Thread poster: Silvia Barra

Silvia Barra  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:43
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 2, 2009

I'm translating a text that has a list of titles (a summary) that are hyperlinks.
The first time I've translated them, the translation had no problems but the target segment was not an hyperlink.
Now that I have to proofread the document before sending it to my customer, the source targets appear as extended hyperlink (e.g HYPERLINK:http/.... etc) but the target segments still appear as plain text with no hyperlinks.
I've already disabled the filed code option, but the problem still exist.
This problem remains while translating the text with TAG Editor.
Moreover, I'd like to know if there is a way to create the hyperlinks during translation, that is different to copy and paste every single hyperlink address to each target segment (I have 100 segments that have to be transformed!).
Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:43
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Copy source and edit Mar 2, 2009

Switch on "Show field codes" (Alt+F9), copy source, and edit the text, not the link...

[Редактировалось 2009-03-02 08:54 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to manage with hyperlinks in Workbench + Word

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs