Thread poster: Silvia Barra

Silvia Barra  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:10
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 2, 2009

Hi,
I'm translating a text that has a list of titles (a summary) that are hyperlinks.
The first time I've translated them, the translation had no problems but the target segment was not an hyperlink.
Now that I have to proofread the document before sending it to my customer, the source targets appear as extended hyperlink (e.g HYPERLINK:http/.... etc) but the target segments still appear as plain text with no hyperlinks.
I've already disabled the filed code option, but the problem still exist.
This problem remains while translating the text with TAG Editor.
Moreover, I'd like to know if there is a way to create the hyperlinks during translation, that is different to copy and paste every single hyperlink address to each target segment (I have 100 segments that have to be transformed!).
Thank you in advance.
Silvia

Direct link Reply with quote

Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 14:10
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Copy source and edit Mar 2, 2009

Switch on "Show field codes" (Alt+F9), copy source, and edit the text, not the link...

[Редактировалось 2009-03-02 08:54 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to manage with hyperlinks in Workbench + Word

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs