Using Quark Xpress with tag editor
Thread poster: Lisa Mann
Lisa Mann
Spanish to English
Mar 2, 2009

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to convert my quark xpress 6 files to tagged text so I can translate them in tag editor on my PC (I've read an instruction page about a SDL Trados product that only works with Mac). I've followed a couple of dead-end links on this site to some kind of plug-in I need...anyone know what the plug-in is called and where I can find it? I downloaded a trial version of copyflow gold and followed the steps to put it in as a Quark xtension, but keep getting an error message...the situation is getting desperate.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:03
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Napsys Mar 2, 2009

The page for CopyFlow ist http://napsys.com/

There was a free plug in by SDL in the past, working with QXP up to version 6, but it has been removed a long time ago, so I'm afraid you will have to purchase CFG.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
PC or Mac? Mar 3, 2009

If you're on a PC you can just use Trados StoryCollector. Comes with Trados (don't know if you need the LSP version, though.)

HTH,

Benjamin

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Story Collectors Mar 3, 2009

are available also with the Freelance or Professional version of SDL Trados
However there is only SC up to version QXP 6 and only for PC.
The tool I mentioned was available quite a long time ago on SDL site for Mac.
AFAIR it was a tool from SDLX and was available for free for all user of SDLX. After the SDL and Trados merger the tool was still there, but then quite fast dissapeared.
TBH, it was much better than the Story Collector.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Quark Xpress with tag editor

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs