Beatriz González  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:48
Member (2012)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 2, 2009

Hi colleagues,

I am working on a large project with TRADOS. There are many product dimensions and when I translate to fuzzy, the software replaces the dimensions without taking into account that the numbers are different. I have tried many options but it goes on that way.

Could you tell me what the solution is?

Thanks in advance,
Beatriz

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
What language do you translate into? Mar 2, 2009

Did you check the settings in the Workbench?
What do you mean saying:
the software replaces the dimensions without taking into account that the numbers are different

Usualy dimensions of parts do remain, even when translated.
Ie if something has a width of 1 m in German, so it remains 1 m in Polish for example.

Beatriz González
Beatriz González  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2012)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ES - EN Mar 2, 2009

There are many products with different dimensions. For example:
10 x 20 x 10

When another product has for example the following dimension: 10 x 20 x 11,3, TRADOS replaces the dimension and enters automatically the first dimension, which in this case would be 10 x 20 x 10.

It is a huge problem, I have checked the settings in order not to replace numbers but it doesn´t work.

Thanks

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is indeed strange Mar 2, 2009

Do you have "Measurments" option in the subsitutions options active by any chance?

Usually when the progam finds a segment with "10 x 20 x 30" and then again another identical one, but with "20 x 40 x 60", it is expected to replace all numbers very well.
You may run into problems, when "Measurments" is active, as Trados would possibly interpet 20a as "20 Ar" and recalculate it into the American "xx acres".
Would you please provide me a screen shot of your settings and of
... See more
Do you have "Measurments" option in the subsitutions options active by any chance?

Usually when the progam finds a segment with "10 x 20 x 30" and then again another identical one, but with "20 x 40 x 60", it is expected to replace all numbers very well.
You may run into problems, when "Measurments" is active, as Trados would possibly interpet 20a as "20 Ar" and recalculate it into the American "xx acres".
Would you please provide me a screen shot of your settings and of what is happening?
Thank you
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Substitution Localisation: Numbers

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »