Mobile menu

device stolen - what about my sdl licence?
Thread poster: titschku
titschku
Local time: 11:26
English to German
Mar 4, 2009

My device on which I had installed my SDL Trados product (SDL Trados 2006 - Freelance 7.0) was stolen during a break-in last week. Do I have to notify the sdl customer center (if so, can anyone provide me the e-mail address?, and will there be a problem installing the programme on a new device? I would be grateful for any advice!

Cristina

Direct link Reply with quote

annita  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:26
English to Greek
+ ...
Ask for a new license number Mar 4, 2009

Dear Christina,
I had the same problem few months ago when my laptop was stolen.
If you have already used your license nb. two times then you should ask your SDL TRADOS provider to provide you with a new one because of the theft.
They shouldn't have any problem with that.
Kind Regards
Annita

ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 12:26
English to Arabic
+ ...
Contact Mar 4, 2009

titschku wrote:

can anyone provide me the e-mail address?
Cristina

Hello,

To get formal answers you can contact: http://www.sdl.com/en/contact/contact.asp

Regards
Ahmad Wadan
English-Arabic Financial Translator

titschku
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Mar 4, 2009

thanks for your quick responses!!!

titschku
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
trouble with getting SDL Trados on my new device Mar 28, 2009

Hello,

now that I purchased and configured my new device I tried to follow the necessary steps to generate a licence on it:

- On the My Licenses page, in the My Softkey Licenses section, locate the product for which you want to generate the license and click on the link Generate License File to display the Generate License File page.
-Click the Generate License File button. Your license file is generated and a File Download dialog box is displayed. Click Save to download your license to your computer. In the Save As dialog box that appears, enter a name and location for your license file and click Save.

And indeed, the licence file was saved. But, when I tried to follow the next step

-Now go to Start > Programs > SDL International > SDL Trados 2007 Freelance > License Manager > License Manager.

I counld find the the Licence Manager (as the named folders do not exist on my device: SDL International >...>Licence Manager)

What else must I do to install the software on my new device?

Thank you for any help.

Cristina

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
SW location Mar 29, 2009

Dear Cristina,
your software is located right where you installed it. Nobody else can see your harddrive, so you will have to look for it yourself.

Anyway, you can launch the License Manager from either TWB or TE (go to Help > License Manager).

titschku
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
trouble with getting SDL Trados on my new device Mar 29, 2009

Dear Stanislav,

Thank you for your reply.

As I wrote before the old device on which the application (SDL Trados 2006 - Freelance 7.0) had been installed was stolen. That's why I try to install it on a new device.

My problem is:

I got to the "my licence" support site and downloaded the licence file on my new device (I know where to find the file), but still there is no application on my computer.

Sorry, if I'm not clear enough. I'm not the best when it comes to explaining technical issues.

Cristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

device stolen - what about my sdl licence?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs