Thread poster: Birthe Omark

Birthe Omark  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:40
Member (2006)
French to Danish
+ ...
Mar 5, 2009

The scenario is well known:

You receive a file with new segments to translate or change .. xx% repetitions & xx% 100%-matches. So out of a large file, your fingerprint is only on a fragment of segments.

When translating it is easy enough to run 'tranlate to fuzzy', but how do use the filter to proofread ONLY the segments you have been 'in touch with' (i.e translated by or changed by).

Kind regards

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:40
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Export first Mar 5, 2009

In these cases I first export the unknown segments after analysis into a rtf-file and translate that and proofread. Then I run translate to fuzzy on the whole job.

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:40
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Use a copy of the original TM Mar 5, 2009

Hi Birthe

in similar cases, which are indeed very common, I always keep a copy of the original TM as received with the project.
After translation, I use this copy, which does not contain my new translations yet, so that all "my" segments are flagged as non matches and I can go from one to the next with the Translate to Fuzzy command.

Hope this helps,

Marion Lurf  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:40
English to German
+ ...
Open Next no 100%/Get Mar 6, 2009

Hi Birthe,

You could also use "Open Next no 100%/Get" (keyboard shortcut Alt+Ctrl+Home) and "Set Close Next no 100% Open Get" (Alt+Ctrl+Num+), respectively, which will bring you straight to the next non-100% match, i.e. those segments you touched. (This is in SDL Trados 2007 but I remember 2006 had this function, too.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In TagEditor how to proofread your patchwork job

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs