Mobile menu

SDLX: Error message when updating translation memory
Thread poster: Katrin Lueke

Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:15
Member (2006)
English to German
Mar 9, 2009

Hello,

I just wanted to update a translation memory, when I got this error message:

"One or more translation memory updates failed. Ensure the database is accessible and not read-only."

I have no idea what might be wrong, since I did exactly the same as yesterday and all the days before. First I thought the TM might have become too big (it was 20MB) and I read the documentation, started Maintain and compacted the TM (now it is 4 MB). But still the same error message occurs. Do you have any idea?

Thank you very much!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 01:15
English to Swedish
+ ...
Check properties for the TM-file Mar 10, 2009

Have you checked the properties for the .mdb-file?

If not:
Right-click on the file in Explorer.
1) General: Not write protected, -> Advanced: Not compressed (by MS)
2) Security: Full privileges

Have you tested with another TM-file? If not, create one, and see if its a general problem with the TM-update or if its a problem only occurring when using this specific "problem"-file.



[Edited at 2009-03-10 02:54 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Katrin Lueke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:15
Member (2006)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Properties are ok, updating does not work even with brand new TM Mar 10, 2009

Hello Ulf,
Thank you very much for your answer and your suggestions.
I checked the properties, but everything is ok.
Then I tested with another TM, which I created for that purpose, but the updating still did not work and the same error message was shown.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Elena_Polunina  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:15
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
The same problem Oct 1, 2011

Hello,

sorry to bring up this topic after such a long time, but I have exactly the same problem ("One or more translation memory updates failed. Ensure the database is accessible and not read-only.")

Has this problem been solved?

Thanks in advance


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Elena_Polunina  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:15
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Solved Oct 7, 2011

Well, after saving the file, closing and restarting the program and the TM several times, etc., everything seems to be working fine. Must have been some bug.

Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX: Error message when updating translation memory

Advanced search


Translation news related to SDL Trados





Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs