Thread poster: Francisco Mar Rubio
Francisco Mar Rubio  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 07:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 13, 2009

Hello,

I was wondering how many termbases from Multiterm I can add into my Workbench as reference. I know that it is possible to add more than one, that only one can be the default one which I can edit, but I would like to know how many termbases I can add as reference..

Thanks a lot,
Francisco

Direct link Reply with quote

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
The official number is 8, I believe Mar 13, 2009

I use anything up to about 20 at once. It works fine, but, when I close down and open up Workbench again the next morning, only the first 8 in the list are still there, so I have to add the other 12 again before I can start working. Eight is far too few for practical purposes, anyway.

By the way, I think you are mixing up two things. You can have a whole list of termbases listed in Workbench, and the terms from all of them will be recognised. You can also simultaneously have Multiterm open and, as you work, add terms to the various Multiterm termbases all the time, which will then be recognised in subsequent TUs.

What you seem to be thinking of, however, is the fact that only one TM can be open at a time, plus another one in the background for reference.

Astrid

Francisco Mar Rubio  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 14, 2009

Thanks a lot!!!
I answered all what I wanted to know.

Best regards,
Francisco

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
No limit AFAIK Mar 14, 2009

What makes Workbench forget the termbases is their name: as soon you have a space or a special sign (like @ for example) in the name Workbench forgets them.
But I think there is no limit as of the number of termbases which can be used at the same time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Number of Termbases in Workbench

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs