WinAlign: What's the difference between Committed and Connected units when the project is exported
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 04:10
Spanish
+ ...
Mar 13, 2009

If the Export Threshold is set to 1% and the project has both commited and connected units, will there be any difference in terms of penalties once the project is imported to a TM. Given that the Aligment penalty is set to a >0 value. Will WinAlign give higher levels of penalty to a unit that's just connected compared to a unit that's has been committed? Or is it just to determine which units should be exported and which shouldn't?

Thanks.

Claudia

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:10
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There should be no difference Mar 14, 2009

WinAlign does not impact any penalty level on the segments coming from alignment.
The only penaly given is the penalty in Workbench for a user called "ALIGN!".
If you put a different user in the export from alignment, no penalty will be deducted.

The difference between confirmed and connected uint is first the level of certainity - a confirmed unit is 100% certain, a connected unit will be max. 99% certainity. When I use the function "Realign structure level" I confirm a
... See more
WinAlign does not impact any penalty level on the segments coming from alignment.
The only penaly given is the penalty in Workbench for a user called "ALIGN!".
If you put a different user in the export from alignment, no penalty will be deducted.

The difference between confirmed and connected uint is first the level of certainity - a confirmed unit is 100% certain, a connected unit will be max. 99% certainity. When I use the function "Realign structure level" I confirm all units up to the active unit, then disconnect all non-confirmed units and realign structure level then again. So I do not have just connected units in my projects, but only confirmed.
But should you go as you describe, there will be no difference between confirmed and connected units - at least from what I know.

Best regards
Jerzy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WinAlign: What's the difference between Committed and Connected units when the project is exported

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »