https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/130148-bye_bye_and_see_you_soon.html

Bye-bye, and see you soon!
Thread poster: Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:14
English to German
+ ...
Mar 15, 2009

Dear colleagues,
Looking back on several years of intensive collaboration, discussions, mutual help and support, and much more, I have decided to resign from the role of ProZ.com moderator. This applies to both Jobs/Blue Board and the forums.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks to all those who – together with all moderators – helped make ProZ.com as successful as it is today. My thanks also goes out to those who made their point in a respect
... See more
Dear colleagues,
Looking back on several years of intensive collaboration, discussions, mutual help and support, and much more, I have decided to resign from the role of ProZ.com moderator. This applies to both Jobs/Blue Board and the forums.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks to all those who – together with all moderators – helped make ProZ.com as successful as it is today. My thanks also goes out to those who made their point in a respectful and factual manner whenever we disagreed.

This is not a farewell, as I will continue to be active on ProZ.com – but no longer in the moderator role. See you soon!

Yours sincerely,
Ralf
Collapse

truptee
truptee  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:44
French to English
+ ...
What a loss!! Mar 15, 2009

We all respect your decision but at the same time feel the deep loss at this moment while reading your note Ralf!

Your contributions have always been extremely respected and we have been truly honored with your presence in this ever-important community & forum.

Thank you very much once again.

Good luck to you.

Truptee.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
I am surprised at your decision.. Mar 15, 2009

Hi Ralf, I would certainly miss you in moderator´s role. But I guess you would be certainly having adequate reasons to take this decision. See you around BR Brandis

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Great, Huge Loss! Mar 15, 2009

Dear Ralf

I think you know that you were one of my preferred mods, but I would like to express my appreciation once again (you are the first mod I was in contact with in 2003 when I discovered proz).

I always admired your kind of moderating, a real gentleman.

I will be always grateful for your role as Job BB moderator, which was perfect, really perfect, and helped me many times.

See you around Ralf I hope we can meet at a conference
... See more
Dear Ralf

I think you know that you were one of my preferred mods, but I would like to express my appreciation once again (you are the first mod I was in contact with in 2003 when I discovered proz).

I always admired your kind of moderating, a real gentleman.

I will be always grateful for your role as Job BB moderator, which was perfect, really perfect, and helped me many times.

See you around Ralf I hope we can meet at a conference or powwow.

Thank you very much, really!

Angioletta

[Edited at 2009-03-15 14:21 GMT]
Collapse

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sorry to hear that... Mar 15, 2009

Hi, Ralf,

I was fearing that this might happen but was half-hoping that you would continue as moderator o the SDL Trados forum.

I will miss your work here a lot. Huge thank you for your help all this time, Ralf!

Daniel

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Bye and welcome to the ranks as Proz colleague Mar 15, 2009

I have always admired the diligence, devotion and above all fairness and open-mindedness you have shown as Moderator over the years. As we say in English, you will be a hard act to follow.

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 03:14
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Farewell and welcome Mar 15, 2009

Hi Ralf

I have been present at ProZ.com since April 2004, and soon after that I bought a difficult-to-use CAT tool called Trados 6.5 which I had to learn all in a hurry, just in time to undertake my very first big translation project one month later. Soon I developed a career as a freelance translator, with all my clients far away. And, in search for support and help, I always found very valuable information - here, at this forum. That this forum has been such a valuable source of i
... See more
Hi Ralf

I have been present at ProZ.com since April 2004, and soon after that I bought a difficult-to-use CAT tool called Trados 6.5 which I had to learn all in a hurry, just in time to undertake my very first big translation project one month later. Soon I developed a career as a freelance translator, with all my clients far away. And, in search for support and help, I always found very valuable information - here, at this forum. That this forum has been such a valuable source of information, was not least thanks to you, Ralf, a great Moderator.

Incredible to think that a few years later, I joined the Moderators club too! And I can assure all of you: Ralf was always one of the most professional and efficient ones I could find.

Thank you so much for everything, Ralf. Farewell from your moderation tasks, and welcome back to "the plains" with us!

Alles Gute,
Fabio
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
A loss indeed Mar 15, 2009

Hi Ralf,
thanks for letting us known. You did very well in your moderator role and have earned your reputation as one of the most respected ProZians.
I look forward to seeing you here as a fellow member.

Once again, thank you for your job well done.

[Upraveno: 2009-03-15 17:36 GMT]

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
A big loss Mar 15, 2009

Ralf

You have been a wonderful moderator, thanks for all the help especially in the CAT tools area.

The very best of luck to you:-)

Ailish

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:14
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jeez! Mar 16, 2009

writeaway wrote:

I have always admired the diligence, devotion and above all fairness and open-mindedness you have shown as Moderator over the years. As we say in English, you will be a hard act to follow.

Hi Ralf,

Writeaway says it all.

Your contribution has been truly remarkable in terms of pointing people in the right direction, "saving the lives" of desperate CAT owners and generally being a rapid, accurate, polite and friendly source of useful information to all.

All the best, pal. I hope to see you in Berlin or Düsseldorf.

Cheers,
Chris

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks Mar 16, 2009

for all invaluable explanations.

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sorry to hear it Mar 16, 2009

I've always appreciated your contributions to the site, for many reasons.

Thanks for everything you've done, I'm glad you're staying around.

Best regards,
Margreet

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jeez indeed! Mar 16, 2009

This was one announcement I was really, really hoping not to see.

Writeaway has already summed it up perfectly so I'll just add to that by saying thank you Ralf for all the time and effort you've put into the site over the years - I've always been truly impressed with the measured, calm, unbiased and professional way in which you've dealt with everything. I realise some of us can't have been easy to moderate, especially when things got heated, but you've always done so admirably.... See more
This was one announcement I was really, really hoping not to see.

Writeaway has already summed it up perfectly so I'll just add to that by saying thank you Ralf for all the time and effort you've put into the site over the years - I've always been truly impressed with the measured, calm, unbiased and professional way in which you've dealt with everything. I realise some of us can't have been easy to moderate, especially when things got heated, but you've always done so admirably.

Take care
Debs
Collapse

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Thank you! Mar 16, 2009

Thank you, Ralf, for all you have done to help--and it has been a lot.

Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)
Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
thank you Mar 16, 2009

Huge loss also in my opinion.

Thank you for your very valuable, clear, polite and to the point advice.

All the best,

Marta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bye-bye, and see you soon!

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »