Jenni Jelse  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 21:25
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 15, 2009

Hi everyone

I'm revising a .doc file in TagEditor 7.1, and when I open a segment it opens too low in the window for me to see it, so I have to scroll each time. There is a lot of space between each segment (lots of tags), so I guess that is part of the problem. It's strings, so short segments with lots of opening and closing, so it's adding a lot of extra time. Does anyone know if anything can be done?

Thanks a lot!

Jenni

Direct link Reply with quote

Martina Ley
German to Czech
+ ...
Minimalizing tags Mar 16, 2009

Hello Jenni,

you can suppress the tags in the translated document. There are three icons in a row in your Tag Editor tool bar. The left one is the smallest one - if you pass this one with your mouse pointer, you will see the text: "no tag text". On activating all tags dissapear (you will now see them). The one in the middle - middle size - activates the option "partial tag text". The tags will be displayed in a condensed way. And finally, the right one - the largest - allows you to see "the complete tag text".
Just try it out.

Regards

Martina

Jenni Jelse  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but already done Mar 16, 2009

Hi Martina,

Thanks, but I already use the smallest setting. The source file is a doc file with several columns that are not for translation (locked), and this has created a lot of space between each translatable segment in the .ttx file. I don't see why this would mean that TagEditor isn't able to show each segment properly in the window though.

Actually I've finished now - since I didn't need to make many changes I ended up not opening/closing any segments unless a change was necessary, and just going down the page reading the segments without opening. Not ideal, but I couldn't find another solution.

Thanks anyway!

Jenni

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segments too low in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs