Jenni Jelse  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 17:04
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 15, 2009

Hi everyone

I'm revising a .doc file in TagEditor 7.1, and when I open a segment it opens too low in the window for me to see it, so I have to scroll each time. There is a lot of space between each segment (lots of tags), so I guess that is part of the problem. It's strings, so short segments with lots of opening and closing, so it's adding a lot of extra time. Does anyone know if anything can be done?

Thanks a lot!

Jenni

Direct link Reply with quote

Martina Ley
German to Czech
+ ...
Minimalizing tags Mar 16, 2009

Hello Jenni,

you can suppress the tags in the translated document. There are three icons in a row in your Tag Editor tool bar. The left one is the smallest one - if you pass this one with your mouse pointer, you will see the text: "no tag text". On activating all tags dissapear (you will now see them). The one in the middle - middle size - activates the option "partial tag text". The tags will be displayed in a condensed way. And finally, the right one - the largest - allows you to see "the complete tag text".
Just try it out.

Regards

Martina

Jenni Jelse  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but already done Mar 16, 2009

Hi Martina,

Thanks, but I already use the smallest setting. The source file is a doc file with several columns that are not for translation (locked), and this has created a lot of space between each translatable segment in the .ttx file. I don't see why this would mean that TagEditor isn't able to show each segment properly in the window though.

Actually I've finished now - since I didn't need to make many changes I ended up not opening/closing any segments unless a change was necessary, and just going down the page reading the segments without opening. Not ideal, but I couldn't find another solution.

Thanks anyway!

Jenni

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segments too low in TagEditor

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs