Mobile menu

Multiterm and MS Access, different software languages
Thread poster: Belier1
Local time: 12:50
Mar 15, 2009

My Multiterm does not work anymore.

I had MS Office Small Business Edition 2003 and SDL Multiterm 2007 (english versions) on my computer and everything worked fine.

Now I have installed MS Access 2003 in Swedish (I bought a legal second hand copy of MS Office Professional Edition, not from Pirate Bay or similar).

When I installed MS Access the file extension .mdb was automatically associated with Access and Multiterm did not work. I reassociated .mdb files with Multiterm and I can see under Properties that this association is still valid. I also reinstalled Multiterm, but it still does not work.

I´m not an expert in MS Access but it seems to work fine.

I can see three reasons for my problem:

MS Access and Multiterm (using the same file format) on the same computer could create the problem.
Installing only MS Access in Swedish and all other MS programs in English could create problem.
Installing only MS Access from the MS Office Professional and the rest of the program from MS Office Small Business Edition is creating the problem.

Or a combination of these three? Does somebody have any ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote

Carmen Moreton
French to Spanish
+ ...
Try registering MultiTerm... Mar 16, 2009

Double click on the #_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat file. You can find it in C:\Program Files\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007 (instalation folder by default).
Hope this helps...

Thanks, but it doesn´t help Mar 16, 2009

Now I clicked on the file you recommended. It did not help. I clicked again and restarted the computer but it doesn´t help. The problem is that a small box appears with the text "Unknown error".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm and MS Access, different software languages

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs