https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/130441-winalign_crash_when_exporting_inx_as_tmx.html

WinAlign crash when exporting INX as TMX
Thread poster: Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
Local time: 01:09
German to English
+ ...
Mar 17, 2009

Hi Folks,

Wonder if anyone else has met this problem.

I have just finished aligning a pair of small (less than 100 TUs) INX (InDesign Exchange) files, and wanted to export them to TMX format.

However, on choosing "Export - Project" or "Export file pair(s)" (irrelevant really, since I only have the one pair) WinAlign gets to exactly 10% and then crashes.

Weirdly enough, if I choose TRADOS WB format, then either export (project or file pair) work
... See more
Hi Folks,

Wonder if anyone else has met this problem.

I have just finished aligning a pair of small (less than 100 TUs) INX (InDesign Exchange) files, and wanted to export them to TMX format.

However, on choosing "Export - Project" or "Export file pair(s)" (irrelevant really, since I only have the one pair) WinAlign gets to exactly 10% and then crashes.

Weirdly enough, if I choose TRADOS WB format, then either export (project or file pair) works fine. (I have checked the export and it imported OK with all TUs where they should be.)

While it's not a deal-breaker (I much prefer WinAlign to e.g. DVX's alignment system), it is strange and it would be interesting to know if anyone else has met with the same or similar problem. A search on the SDL knowledge base turned up nothing relevant.

(System details: SDL TRADOS Freelance 2007 SP1, Win XP, WinAlign build 8.3.0.863, INX files exported by InDesign CS3. Using TMX Version 1.4 or 1.1 makes no difference.)

[Edited at 2009-03-17 12:33 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-03-17 12:34 GMT]
Collapse

Sławoj Stanisławski
Sławoj Stanisławski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
WinAlign crashes when exporting .doc alignment to TMX Dec 2, 2011

Hello,

I encountered a similar problem two days ago using the same version of WinAlign. In my case the problem was with exporting an alignement of two .doc files (to TMX). The program crashed at 16%. It turned out that I had two blank segments aligned. Just as it was in your case, the process went smoothly and without issues when exporting the alignment to .txt file. Perhaps you also had some blank space(s) somewhere, a bit closer to the beginning of your alignment, and the program
... See more
Hello,

I encountered a similar problem two days ago using the same version of WinAlign. In my case the problem was with exporting an alignement of two .doc files (to TMX). The program crashed at 16%. It turned out that I had two blank segments aligned. Just as it was in your case, the process went smoothly and without issues when exporting the alignment to .txt file. Perhaps you also had some blank space(s) somewhere, a bit closer to the beginning of your alignment, and the program crashed at that point...

SDL TRADOS Freelance 2009, Win 7, WinAlign build 8.3.0.863
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
got it too Dec 3, 2011

Hello,
i encounter a similar problem. No tmx export possible (I think it was a complete crash, I had to start the program again) but fortunately, I could export to txt.
Sébastien

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WinAlign crash when exporting INX as TMX

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »